Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Weigh In Week 16: Four Months and Goals

Hello Friends!

Today marks my four month anniversary on my living healthy journey! As of today, I have lost a total of 26 pounds, which earned me my new healthy you challenge badge:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I lost 1.5 pounds this last week, bringing my total for February to a loss of 4 pounds exactly. That is not a CRAZY amount, but you know what? I'm happy. My goal this whole time has always been to lose nice and slow and steadily- 1 pound a week or more- and for the most part, I have achieved that. I also recognize that as I get closer to my goal weight (only 14 pounds away right now!) I will start to lose at a slower rate.

Now March. This is going to be one exciting month. To start with, I have my first race coming up on March 14th- the St. Patty's Day Dash. So I know I've been telling you all that this is a "5k" -3.1 miles right? Well guess what I recently found out?!? It's actually 3.75 miles! That's .75 miles more than I've ever run before. I am really hoping the adrenaline from the race will push me through that last bit of running.

Next comes my 22nd birthday- March 17th. I've decided that this race is my birthday present to myself. But I also would like to set a weight goal- I would like to see 30 pounds down by my birthday. That gives me 17 days to lose 4 pounds. I think I can do it!!

One other thing I'd like to mention is that I was able to try on my motivation jeans when I got to 25 pounds lost! And guess what? I scored three more pants from the pile! I will try the rest on again when I get to 30 pounds lost.

Lastly, I've been keeping track of my workouts/miles in my sidebar. It was such a great feeling to know that I beat my January miles by almost 10 when I added them up last night. This month my goal is to add 5 more miles onto that number (starting with today!).

Goals are SO important and I hope that you will set yourself some for this month, this week, or even just today!

17 comments:

BEE said...

awesome job!!!!!!!!!!

Tonyne said...

March babies are the best! We both have busy months and goals for our birthdays! Here's to us! You'll do GREAT at your 5k! I have faith in you! :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Amazing job girl! Your weight loss will probably slow down... It's always quicker in the beginning! I have to agree with Tonyne... March babies are the BEST. (My bday is March 28th) Have fun on your bday... SPLURGE :)

Caitlin said...

Good job! So awesome to see you meeting your goals!

Melissa said...

I can't believe we're so far apart in age! I am almost exactly 10 years older than you - holy cow - i'll be 32 tomorrow. HAHA. :) Maybe you're mature for your age & i'm immature for mine & so we kinda meet in the middle?!?!? HAHA!

Congrats on your awesome progress, March is gonna be a great month!

Jessica said...

Hey, I just started reading your blog and I think it's great. January 2009 I decided I needed to loose weight and get healthy. I lost 30lbs from Jan to April last year, can now run for miles and have maintained it all! Good for you girl!

Ellen said...

Congratulations for a well deserved 25 Pounds Gone Award! Keep it up, Nicole!

Laura said...

hahaha... I was thinking along the lines of Melissa... You're so young! :) You should def be able to finish that race!! I'm looking forward to when you blog about your success! I love that you are reaching your goals and that you are setting realistic ones!

liveLAUGHsing. said...

WOW WOW WOW you are doing sooo good!
exercising tons, running tons, fitting into motivation jeans!
DAMN GIRL don't stop! you can lose the 4 pounds by your birthday!

Jessica - cbgblog said...

You are doing great! You can do 4 pounds by your birthday - I have faith in you!

You are such a happy spirited person... thanks for keeping a positive attitude around these blogs!

Mrs. S. said...

Way to go!

Candace said...

You rule girl-awesome loss~

Amber said...

Great job, Nicole! You are doing SUCH a good job!

Tami@NutmegNotebook said...

I just found your blog for the first time and I want to congratulate you on you weight loss and meeting your exercise
I love shopping in my closet! It is so much fun to be able to wear something that didn't fit a few weeks before!

I recently tried on a pair of jeans from my closet that finally fit again. It is like getting new clothes again!

Melissa said...

You are doing an amazing job! Keep it up. I love goals too, so I understand wanting to work towards something! :)

Continuous Changes said...

Nice and Slow is the way to go! I have lost just over 15 pounds in 6 months. Sounds lame, but I had a few stalls that taught me a lot and now I am losing again! Keep going and get it done, Girl :)

Kyle said...

You are a model loser! Yay for you!!!