The month of February has now come to an abrupt end. It's time to hunker down and reflect on what things I accomplished this month.
February was a new and exciting month for me. I really believe that one of the most important steps we can do for ourselves is really recognize the positive changes we have made.
February brought a lot of these positive changes and experiences that I'd like to reflect on:
-I started my goal of trying to explore as much as I can of the area I live in. I visited Port Townsend and Alki Beach for my first two adventures.
-I started walking on sunny days during work, which was one way I found to add extra "moving" into my daily routine
-I got my husband to TRY and ADMIT that ground turkey is a yummy, healthy replacement for ground beef!
-I finished my Couch to 5k program- and rocked it!
-I ran for distance- 3 miles-and got a stellar time of 34:30.
-I survived both super bowl sunday, valentines day, and TOM hitting within 1 1/2 weeks of each other and still lost weight!
-Kellen and I started our vegetable garden!
-I took time to evaluate how God has played a role in my journey so far
and to wrap up this post, I'd like to tell you a little story about this weekend....
As of Friday, I had not tried on one single article of NEW clothing in a store since the beginning of my "get healthy" journey- November 9, 2009.
Well I finally broke this with a trip to H&M on Friday. And guess what you guys?!!?
I am down one WHOLE dress size.
I was in shock in the fitting room. I had to buy it! I will be getting a picture of it to show you guys because I'm sure I will be wearing it as much as I can in the next couple of weeks!
and then...
My friend brought me some leggings to try on and brought me a size medium. I instantly thought "Oh there is NO way these are going to fit...but I will try them on!" I did...and they fit! Granted yes, they are stretchy leggings. But to even be able to say I have an article of clothing in my closet with an M on the tag- now that just makes me happy. ;0)
Stay tuned tomorrow as it is my four month healthy living anniversary and weigh in. I'll be writing about my goals and dreams for my birthday month- March!
February was a new and exciting month for me. I really believe that one of the most important steps we can do for ourselves is really recognize the positive changes we have made.
February brought a lot of these positive changes and experiences that I'd like to reflect on:
-I started my goal of trying to explore as much as I can of the area I live in. I visited Port Townsend and Alki Beach for my first two adventures.
-I started walking on sunny days during work, which was one way I found to add extra "moving" into my daily routine
-I got my husband to TRY and ADMIT that ground turkey is a yummy, healthy replacement for ground beef!
-I finished my Couch to 5k program- and rocked it!
-I ran for distance- 3 miles-and got a stellar time of 34:30.
-I survived both super bowl sunday, valentines day, and TOM hitting within 1 1/2 weeks of each other and still lost weight!
-Kellen and I started our vegetable garden!
-I took time to evaluate how God has played a role in my journey so far
and to wrap up this post, I'd like to tell you a little story about this weekend....
As of Friday, I had not tried on one single article of NEW clothing in a store since the beginning of my "get healthy" journey- November 9, 2009.
Well I finally broke this with a trip to H&M on Friday. And guess what you guys?!!?
I am down one WHOLE dress size.
I was in shock in the fitting room. I had to buy it! I will be getting a picture of it to show you guys because I'm sure I will be wearing it as much as I can in the next couple of weeks!
and then...
My friend brought me some leggings to try on and brought me a size medium. I instantly thought "Oh there is NO way these are going to fit...but I will try them on!" I did...and they fit! Granted yes, they are stretchy leggings. But to even be able to say I have an article of clothing in my closet with an M on the tag- now that just makes me happy. ;0)
Stay tuned tomorrow as it is my four month healthy living anniversary and weigh in. I'll be writing about my goals and dreams for my birthday month- March!
12 comments:
Now, that is what I call a great month!
So exciting!!!! I loved your reflections on your month. I think this is such a healthy process...to think about and recognize what we've accomplished so we are spurred on to continue! Bravo!
Yeah for you!! I am so happy for you!!
Yayyy for the cute dress and leggings!! My size 16 jeans are starting to fall off me!
That is such an amazing month, Nicole!!! You rock!!! :) :)
Awesome accomplishments!! You are an inspiration! And that is why I am doing c25k... because I did see that you finished it! And I had heard about it before but you talking about it made me realize that I should give it a try because I need a new workout goal or else I will just sit at home. I'm doing my first run in about an hour and not looking forward to it at all!!!
Sorry I haven't been commenting much lately. I am still reading your posts. I just got way behind on life and then I tried to comment on your post about God in your journey and it wouldn't let me and I got frustrated. But I loved that post and I love to see how God helps people overcome!!
Keep rockin! Down a size is a huge accomplishment! Go you!!!
What a fantastic month you've had!! You should be so proud of yourself! You rock! :)
Great job this month!!! I can't wait to see a picture of the dress.
three miles in 34:30.. i'm gonna say that's pretty fantastic! :)
i cannot run to save my life..
& geeee. it seems like a lot of people did have a not so good february but girl you ROCKED IT like nobody's business!
an entire dress size..um WOWW. i would wear it everyday. :)
keep it up!
Sounds like you had a great month! Isn't it great to get affirmation that you are reaching your goals! Down a dress size is a great way to see results besides looking down at the scale! Congratulations on your accomplishments!
There is a little something for you on my blog. Check out "Creative" Award.
I just have to say - I can't wait to see the things you come up with :)
Way to go on an awesome month!! Congrats on the size Med!
Post a Comment