Hey everyone! Happy Birthday to me (hehe).
Well today was going to be my "special" birthday weigh in day because I had hoped to have my goal of 30 pounds reached by today!
Did I do it?
NOPE!
Am I crying? (I can, it is my party!)
Nope!
Ok, in all seriousness, I am actually up .5 of a pound since Monday. I have lost a total of 28 pounds, not 30.
Before I opened this page up to write this post I was kind of embarrassed. I really didn't want to have to log on here and tell you all I didn't accomplish my goal. But guess what?
I'm over it.
First of all, I'm happy to show you all that I am a REAL person that has REAL downfalls. The last week is one of them. Sure, it's ok to splurge once or twice "in honor of your birthday." But let's just say having your birthday does not constitute an entire week of eating with reckless abandonment!
I fell off the wagon. I did. That is the only reason for a gain. Could I have made it to 30 pounds loss by today? Maybe...maybe not. But you know what? WHO CARES!
I have learned through this little experiment that I am no longer putting a "goal" date to lose by. Why? Because for me, a goal date does not make me "more motivated." It just makes me feel pressured. When I know that no dates come into the equation, I can accept that everything I put into my mouth is a choice for the rest of my life...not for the next couple of weeks/months until I reach some specific number on the scale.
SO! That's why I'm happy right now, despite what the scale told me this morning. I WILL splurge and I WILL fall of the wagon, but, DARN IT, I WILL get back up!
I like to think of myself as a positive person. So let's focus on something that makes a smile cross my face:
One year ago today, I turned 21 years old.
I weighed more than I ever had before. Probably at least 25 pounds more than today. The most exercise I did was walk 10 minutes with a friend on a lunch break.
I was out of breath going up the stairs at my own apartment!
I dreamed of being in shape but thought it could never happen.
Me in May 2009 (on left)Today.
I weigh very similar to what I did when I was 18.
I can run farther than EVER in my life.
I am the best shape I've ever been.
I've changed the way I live my life.
Me in February 2010So here's to the rest of my life- it's going to be a healthy one!
ps- better comparison pics coming when I can get to my own computer...
24 comments:
HAPPPYYYY BIRTHDAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
i missed you for a week! but i'm all caught up on your bloggies and CONGRATS on the RUN! :) you're outfit was mighty cute! <3
& i'm not much of an oatmeal person myself..its kinda... BLAH no matter what you put in it..hahaha no offense to the oatmeal lovers out there!
p.s. if i ever did move to seattle i would definitely hit you up for the gym.. but since I have at least 3 more years of school..it may be a while! HAH. :)
Happy Birthday, Nicole!! 22!!
Embarrassed?! Why? 28 is dangerously close to 30 to me. So happy for all your accomplishments!
-A-
Happy birthday!!! With an attitude like yours... I don't think you can possibly fail! I personally believe that you shouldn't feel guilty about any food choices you make around your birthday... just like Christmas. :)
Happy Birthday! Congrats on everything you have done and are continuing to do!
Happy birthday, babes!!! You are doing so well, I am proud of you :)
Happy Birthday!!! You lost 28lbs, that is no small potatoes missy! :) You should be proud! I hope you have a great day! Just enjoy it!
Happy birthday and congrsts on all your successes and good for you for not letting a number rule who you really are.
Happy Birthday! Be proud of those 28 pounds! Your before and after (or during) pictures tell the story! Good job!
22?!?! You are so young to have realized the importance of health and for that I am insanely jealous. I wish I would have placed more importance on my own health at your age. (I am 29...the way I am talking I am sure it sounds like I am much older, hee hee).
Goals are set to make you work towards something, not to discourage you in the end I think. I have to keep remembering that with my brother's wedding in May. It's not about losing weight for his wedding, it's about losing weight and getting healthy for the rest of my life! When I think about it that way, I am able to stay better focussed I think.
Happy birthday. You are such a sweet person and I wish you nothing but the best on your special day!!
Happy Birthday! Congrats on all of your success so far. You have done so well and I know you will continue to do well. Thanks for being an inspiration to all of us.
Happy Birthday and you should definitely be so proud of yourself for the healthy improvements you've made to your life! Good for you for forgetting the silly numbers and focusing on the tons of things that you've accomplished! :)
Happy Birthday! I couldn't agree with you more about goals. I'm not a goal person. They do more harm to motivation than good.
I'm just test myself each day..."did I do my very best to keep getting better?"
Simple as that.
Happy Birthday! Congrats on the 28 pounds lost!!!! That's really good. Your thinking is spot on for a lasting success. Keep up the good work.
Happy Birthday Nicole!! You should be very proud you lost 28lbs and you are keeping it off. Your so wise for such a young age.
Keep up the great work and enjoy your piece of cake.
Happy Birthday! You are a rockstar-those two pounds will be gone by the next weigh in. No need to be embarrassed-you have already accomplished so much!
I AM SO TEMPTED TO THROW THAT DARN SCALE OUT FOR GOOD! YOU HAVE DONE INCREDIBLE GIRL! YOU HAVE & DON'T YOU LET NO STUPID LITTLE DIAL TELL YOU OTHERWIDE!
CONTINUE TO HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH - YOU'VE ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED WHAT MANY FOLKS HAVE NOT! AND I GIVE A TOTAL THUMBS UP FOR NOT PUTTING PRESSURE ON YOURSELF WITH A GOAL DATE. I THINK THAT'S A VERY WISE THING TO DO!! HAPPY, HAPPY B-DAY - AND YOU BEFORE PIC? WOW! YOU CAN TOTALLY SEE THE DIFFERENCE.
GREAT JOB BIRTHDAY GIRL!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
GIRL! Seriously, you better not be beating yourself up over 2lbs! You have done an incredible job! Look at those pictures. You look amazing... and completely different! I hope you had a great bday... I hope your man spoiled you good :)
Happy birthday, sweetie.
I just love you! :)
And yeah - i've never done goal DATES b/c it seems unattainable to me, ya know? & then i will fail. But you are so right - as long as you continue your journey no matter what - you will reach your goals, in time! :)
Happy birthday & glad you didn't cry! HAHA.
Thank you for that post. It does feel good to see someone else struggle with a date. I learned my lesson last week on that one.
Nicole,
Happy Birthday! It is so great that you have taken control of your health at such a young age! You are learning such great lessons, that some of us waited to learn until we were much older. Sigh. Congratulations!
Always disappointing not to acheive a goal, but good job on the 28 lb! I too was kind of embarassed in the last couple days because I was on the cusp of getting into a weight range I haven't seen in ages and then inexplicably started eating a bunch of junk I didn't even really want and gaining. Back on track though.
wow your doing amazing
keep it up :-)
Happy Birthday and congrats on the changes you have made... You are already ahead from last year!
Post a Comment