You all are too good to me :) No seriously, thank you for the comments yesterday, it reminded me that it would just be SILLY to be upset about 2 pounds when I've come so far!
Yesterday ended up being a wonderful, yet simple birthday for me.
I have started a bit of a tradition with my in laws to eat "green pancakes" on my birthday morning. I was SO looking forward to it this year because my mother in laws pancakes are seriously YUMMY. With as many kids as my mother in law has, at their house, they cook like a restaurant:
Here is my plate. Green pancakes, green syrup, green sprinkles.
These pancakes literally melt.in.your.mouth! MmmmmmHere is my smallest brother in law enjoying his pancakes too!
Then the kids had a bit of fun with the cookie cutters and decided to make me a plate:
The K and N stands for Kellen and Nicole- the duck is our dog (apparently they had no dog cookie cutter...) lolIt was fun!
I went on a short run with my sis in law after that and then went and got ready for the day. I had to rock the new shamrock shirt my Mom got me for my birthday:
Guess what I got for my birthday!?!A heart rate monitor!
I'm so excited! I can finally have an accurate idea of what my calorie burn is!I'll be writing a review on this guy in the next couple of weeks.
WASTE NOT....
So....now to the title of my post!
Last night Kellen wanted to take me to get ice cream for my birthday. Where? McDonald's. Yeah, I know, real fancy...thanks babe! Anyway, I didn't really want to eat more calories...but alas- I ended up ordering a dipped cone.
We were driving on the way home and eating. I decided that I was done. I had eaten a significant amount of the chocolate and I didn't want anymore. The problem was...it was melting...fast! So I had one of two options: eat it, OR....throw it out the window!
*Now before all you environmentalists get on me, a cone and ice cream is completely biodegradable, so no worries.
So....I chucked it!
Now you may be wondering why I am telling you this story. Well I am happy to say that I saw that little incident as a bit of an NSV. I have a SERIOUS PROBLEM with wasting food. I am the girl that eats the leftovers off someone else's plate because I hate seeing food go to waste. (anyone else have this problem!?)
When I say I have this problem...it's honestly quite extreme. I have put extremely odd combination of food together for dinners and such just so I can use the ingredients in our cupboard. It is not unusual for me to go WEEKS without groceries because I want to use up what we already have. Kellen even likes to tell people about the time I sent a ziplock bag of marshmallows in his lunch for him to eat because we weren't eating them at home and I didn't want them to go to waste!
Well last night I conquered that little fear. I told myself it was OK to throw something away and save myself from 100's of useless calories.
15 comments:
I want some green pancakes with green syrup and green sprinkles! JEALOUS! :)
ohh yum.. I HATE MCDONALDS, but love their ice cream! EEEEE!
congrats on throwing it out the window! I hope you took the wrapper off the cone first haha :)
yum green pancakes can ya make me some toooooo
LOVE the green pancakes!!!! OMG!!! HAHA! :)
And yay for your NSV!!!! :)
I just found your blog and wanted to say hi! Also..Happy Belated Birthday!! I love the green pancakes..how cute!
I'm sure a passing squirrel was very happy to share your b-day ice cream. =)
Looks like you had a fun birthday! The green pancakes look yummy!
Love that you threw the ice cream out the window!! Woo hoo! I've been known to throw out all kinds of things... like half a bag of chips because I know if I don't toss them that I won't stop eating them. :)
Total victory for you on chucking the ice cream! I don't think I have that tool in my box yet. I'm a clean plate club kid. If I get it, I eat it.
Right now, I work to not get it in the first place if I'm not really hungry or it isn't right for me, but I certainly hope I'll get where you are and can truly leave something behind.
Awesome!
Love the pancakes! What a neat tradition. That is so funny about the marshmellows in his lunch. That's totally something I would do :)
Green pancakes. Never seen that one before. Love that you tossed out the cone. I was the same way about wasting food but I am slowly changing my ways!
You look amazing, lady! Way to go!!
HA! I had the same problem before I left for Spring Break. I ate all of my Sandwich things so they didn't go back. Bad choice. Glad you've learned!
First, you look amazing!! Great job losing those pesky pounds!
Second, I'm so jealous yo got a HRM! LOL That's my first reward for myself when I get into the 160s. Only a few more pounds to go!
You should tell us your mother in laws recipe for green pancakes. They look Yummy!!! So proud of you for throwing away the ice cream. THAT IS A BIG STEP!!!
Just curious, where did you find that watch??!! I have been looking for a good watch while working out, that one looks really neat! Thanks! Enjoy your blogs!!!
Post a Comment