Last night was my first attempt at making spaghetti squash.
At first I was very angry with the squash for being so difficult. I had to get my anger out....
At first I was very angry with the squash for being so difficult. I had to get my anger out....


Next I told it that we would need to scrape it's guts out. It was a bit hesitant but I threatened it with more yelling and it obliged.
The guts were kinda gross.
But I got over it.
Plus, the seeds were rather friendly.
Into the oven it goes:
And soon to be into the tummy...

Review: Umm...I think maybe I didn't bake it long enough? It was kinda crunchy. But still good! And A healthier option to pasta! I may have possibly made up for those carbs with a couple more slices of bread... :)
and btw...i burnt the seeds...oddly the smiley face came out as a sad one....
On to a more "serious" topic....
Not sure if you all noticed my little formspring box on the right here>>>
You can ask me anonymous questions here and I just might answer on my blog!
Well apparently two people have asked me a question...WAHOO!
First Question:
"how do you stay motivated? i find myself so lazy at times"
Wow. Motivation. I honestly sat in bed thinking about this question for a couple of hours last night. I hate to sound cliche to the "weight loss blog world" and I'm sure you've heard this before, but here is my full and honest truthful answer:I stay motivated because I know this is not a short term thing. This is an entire lifestyle change that I intend to use for the rest of my life. When I think of it that way, I don't beat myself up for splurging on anything. In fact, I rarely feel guilty for indulging in "non diet" food. (If you have been a follower of mine for let's say...longer than 2 days... you will know that!). In the past when I tried to lose weight, I would fall "off the wagon" as soon as I made one mistake.
My motivation is the fact that I want to be able to say to myself, my family, and my friends that I truly do lead a "healthy life." Weight loss is just an advantage of that.
I don't eat "healthy" things 100% percent of the time. But I do recognize that each snack or meal is a NEW chance to make a healthy decision.
There are a lot of other things that keep me "motivated"- to look hot in a bikini, to have a healthy pregnancy (when that time comes), to feel confident in my own skin. But to me, these are all results of a decision to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
Hope that makes sense to someone?!?!
Second Question:
Why are you so cute?
Aw. That was a nice one. I think my cuteness comes from the ability to completely and utterly embarrass myself (hence the previous squash pictures). Seriously, you should try it sometime!
Ask me more questions through my formspring box and I may answer in a future post!
Also, thank you so much to everyone who helped with my "what to eat pre-run" inquiry. The resolution was so very simple that I even embarrassed to admit it: don't eat right before your run!! (or not at all) So I am now making more of an effort to eat about 1-1.5 hours before I head out. It has worked thus far! :)
20 comments:
My best spaghetti squash method is to put them face down (opposite of how you have it) and pour just enough water into the bottom of the dish so they'll steam themselves a bit.
350 for about 45 minutes or so.
Goodluck!
I just love spaghetti squash! You can also cook them in the microwave. Just pierce the squash in 5 places. Put on 2 pieces of paper toweling in microwave oven. Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes,turning the squash 3 times during cooking, until squash gives slightly when pressed. Remove it from oven and let it stand 5 minutes, until it is cool enough to touch.
It's quick and easy!
Haha! I asked the second question - the cute one! MHAHAHAAHAHAH!!
Smart followers beat me to the punch...I would combine both methods. I nuke mine cut side down in the microwave with a bit of water to submerge by about 1/4 inch. I also have covered with plastic wrap too.
Also...congrats on not going to the emergency room in getting it split open...very tricky business.
I find that I enjoy mine very simply seasoned with Lawry's Seasoning Salt.
Good job giving it a try!
Ugh. I made spaghetti squash one time and it was complete mush. It was terrible. I haven't tried it since! I think there's a secret to it and I just don't know about it haha :)
Oh my gosh, i LOVE the pics of this!!! LOL. You CRACK me UP!!! I would agree, that is why you are so cute, you allow yourself to be silly & goofy & you take pictures!! LOL. You have the best expressions, too!
loved all the pics
you r 2 funny girly
I nominated you for an award...check out my blog for it.
I like the formspring idea! :)
Spaghetti Squash is awesome. I love it. It took me awhile to get used to cooking with it, but I make it quite a bit in the summer. :)
I'm going to have to try this out -- Loved the pictures & narration
I keep meaning to tell you...I love your haircut! And the color. Looks great ;)
My squash never gets that soft either. I have some fire roasted garlic tomatoes to try on my next one. Yum!!
Your blog cracks me up-can you belive only 12.5 pounds to go?
So perfectly said! That's where I'm headed (the long-term eating normal-no diets). I'm in the baby steps part of it all: meaning learning how to NOT BE AFRAID TO EAT! Yup, that's what happened to this lifelong dieter, I became afraid of food! Sad, I know. Anyhoo- you are doing super!!
And thanks for the squash pics. I've always wanted to try it but couldn't picture the directions.
Total Kudos!
You are too cute. Haven't made spaghetti squash before but I am intrigued! :)
I have to try squash-my mother in law makes it in the microwave. Is it sweet?
Spaghetti squash doesn't sound good, but a lot of time I've been very pleasanty surprised by things that don't sound good.
I am currently obsessed with spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and LOTS of GARLIC. DId I mention the garlic? I think I could easily eat a whole squash in one sitting. Well, maybe before but my appetite aint like it used to be. Great Pictures by the way. and yes you are Cute!
You are one brave girl! You always try creative stuff- good job! P.S. you do look wayyyyy cute in your pics :)
I think that if I fixed spaghetti squash for the family they just might turn on ME. LOL! What no pasta...it's bad enought that I've started using wheat.
Great pictures and a great explanation for why you're so cute!
So...when is there going to be a little lettuce eater?
I put the squash in whole and bake it and then it's really easy to cut and still cooks all the way through!
Post a Comment