Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I have babies!!!

Check out my little baby lettuce sprout! Yesterday I came home and went to water my growing veggie garden and discovered that my babies have sprouted. I started jumping up and down and yelling for Kellen that we have babies! WOOHOO!Last night I tried Sweet Potato Fries again- except this time I actually got sweet potatoes and not YAMS! haha. I drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkled them with Johnny's Seasoning Salt (so yummy, if you haven't tried this spice- we use it on EVERYTHING including most veggies!)
To be honest with you all... I liked the YAM FRIES better! They are just a little less sweet than the sweet potatoes.

Has anyone else had yam fries before?! Thoughts?

This is my pup Chloe's new thing: staring out the window. Literally she will sit here for hours and just watch....nothing?! The squirrels? The trees? Cars? Who knows. But it's pretty cute. (and anything to distract her from destroying things is good in my books!)
I snapped this picture after our 3 mile run on Tuesday. We used to have nice grass in our backyard until we got an extremely excitable husky who likes to destroy all. I thought it was funny because she looks absolutely wiped out! SUCCESS!
Unfortunately it is about a week before my TOM and thanks to all my blogger friends that helped me pinpoint that I become an EATING MACHINE during this time. I literally can't stay full! It's so frustrating.

Right now, I'm pretty wiped out. I've had to get up early the last two days for work and haven't gotten a chance to work out. I'm hoping I will have energy when I get home today to go for a run.

Have a healthy day everyone!

17 comments:

Kerri & Katie said...

your dog is beautiful! sad he/she tears everything up!

Melissa said...

Aw, i love your dog... mine has always stared out the window. He will do it all day if he can. He loves it! :) He is in LOVE w/ the squirrels & desperately wants to play w/ them... haha.

YAY FOR YOUR BABIES! :) :)

kimert said...

Woohoo! Yay for lettuce babies! Cute pup, too! Have a great day! :)

BEE said...

yay lettuce babies
what a beautiful dog i say that every picture
but im just jealous i love huskys lol
run run run
keep itup
your amazing

Seth said...

Awesome! I love seeing my gardens grow!

Caitlin said...

Your dog is so cute! My pup sits in our driveway (way off the road, don't worry) all day long and just stares at the birds and watches the world go by. I love watching her.

Alexia said...

Do you want to exchange pets? I'm starting to think that my cats are the laziest creatures to walk to earth. I could use a little excitement.

And I tried sweet potato fries recently, too. They were yummy! Maybe I'll try yam fries next. Haha.

Jenn said...

I think I prefer yam fries better too. I'm not sure because I get the 2 mixed up all the time. I think one of them is easier to cut than the other and I prefer the one that's not as sweet as well.

Saw this book at the library and thought of your Trick Your Man Tuesdays: http://www.amazon.com/Sneaky-Chef-Kitchen-Hiding-Healthy/dp/0762433205

"The Sneaky Chef: How to Cheat on Your Man (In the Kitchen!): Hiding Healthy Foods in Hearty Meals Any Guy Will Love.

Jessica - cbgblog said...

BABIES!!!!! woohooooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

Wait - sweet potatoes and yams aren't the same thing?? I think I've been eating them interchangeably my whole life! Last week at the grocery store, I grabbed two sweet potatoes (the pile was definitely labeled sweet potatoes) and they rang up as yams. Even Giant doesn't know the difference!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the lettuce leaves growing! When I plant my garden, you'll have to give me some pointers. LOL!!

Mrs. S. said...

Such a cute dog! At least you are aware during your TOM and possibly can preplan for it.

Kyle said...

I'm jealous of your burgeoning garden...congrats!

Did I mention in an older comment how much I love huskies!?!

nic said...

That's a husky for you! I have a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix and he was a digger, so we designated his own "garden" and blocked it off and whenever he would start to dig somewhere in the yard he'd be redirected to his garden. If he dug there, he got a treat. Then we started burying treats there for him so he'd dig there primarily and we solved that problem.

They sure do need a lot of mental exercise in addition to physical exercise. Must be rough being a genius.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Isn't it always the pretty dogs that are trouble! I have a dalamatian that destroys everything. We've had her for years and still to this day she has to sleep in a cage. She's just retarded :)

Candace said...

My cat stares out the window too-must be relaxing-you know they have such a hard life~

Gabi said...

Congrats on your lettuce babies! Your dog is gorgeous as always. A sleeping husky is always a good husky! When mine is sleeping, I know she's staying out of trouble. They are characters.