Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Mind is Blank.

Well friends, not much to say today. Sadly I have had nothing to interesting to take pictures of lately!

I did a one mile Leslie Sansone walk this morning and then worked on my arms with some free weights. Does anyone else get majorly bored when weight lifting? I think that's why I like running/cardio so much. Every single muscle in your body is engaged and there are so many thoughts running through your head!

I really want to have some rockin' arms though (like this lady!!), so I must work on learning to love weight lifting.
Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my goals post yesterday. You all are such great encouragement to me on this journey!

11 comments:

Ellen said...

Like you, I long for great arms. Mine leave so much to be desired (lots of flab) but last week I started weight training at the gym and am going back for more today! Bring it on...

Tonyne said...

I downloaded a couple of weight work outs from Weight Watchers. I'm going to start using them on my cross training days. I want great arms too!

BEE said...

i too get bored easily that why i mix up dvds that include cardio and strength so i dont get bored just standing there lifting weights and such i need to lifting and moving at the same time maybe that would help you as well
some of the best dvds i have found are
jillian michaels no more trouble zones
biggest loser cardio
biggest loser last chance workout
biggest loser bootcamp

basically anything with jillian or biggest lose rincludes strength and cardio in the dvd at the same time

Lucy said...

I want her arms too! I HATE my arms....HATE. One measure of success for me is to be able t/wear a sleevless dres-that's going to be sooooooo nice. And tank tops in the summer..hmm, you've given me an idea of what to write about. Thanks Nicole. And thanks for your encouraging words over at "Calling it Quits" :)

Tiff said...

Ok well I caught up on all of your posts and it looks like you had a fabulous february and that March is going to be even better! You can DEF meet those goals- they are reasonable fo sho. Here's to a great March for you and me! :)

Missy said...

I would do double the amount of cardio if I didn't have to do weight lifting. It does get so boring. And it's not fun. But from what I hear...it's worth it!!

divad said...

Lesley's video - Your Week in Miles has a cardio/weight training segment. You power walk, (I jog) for 3 minutes, do weight lifting for 3 miles and so on. She does serious lunges, squats etc. with bicep/tricep curls. Because she goes back and forth so much, I don't get bored. I'm pretty impressed with it. We're going to be so buff! :)

Candace said...

I get bored doing any exercise indoors-cannot wait for the weather to improve :)

liveLAUGHsing. said...

girl i give ya props for LIKING running.. no thoughts are going through my mind when i run besides.. are we done yet?!!!! ahaha. :)

erica said...

Dang I am so jealous of the fact that you love to run. I avoid it, and if I do it all I think about is when is this torture over lol

have a fabulous night!

Miss Erika said...

Hey Nicole! I know you're going to reach your goals. We can do it! Also, I just gave you an award! Check out my blog to see which one. <3