Thanks to all who commented on my "quarter life crisis" (as Alexia calls it! lol!) post from last night. Big decisions!
But now we are going to talk about something that has become a small obsession of mine over the last week: eating produce.
I decided this week I really wanted to focus on eating every color of the rainbow in produce every day. Also, to eat a fruit/vegetable at every meal and for snacks as well. I think I've done a pretty good job!
We will start with my dinner on Wednesday night. Another TJ's frozen creation:
I paired this with 1/2 a bagel thin and a delicious side salad:
One serving (1/4 of carton) has 260 in this veggie lasagna. I liked it! The hubby however was not to impressed.... ("where's the meat?!?!"). I think I would buy this again but just make it for me.
The next day I ate some veggie lasgna leftovers for lunch. The hubs came home early for work and saw me packing my snack for work. He said "wow, that looks like a healthy lunch"-- I said "Um...this is my snack....hehe!" Actually, I just told him I eat like a hobbit and it was my second lunch.
Olives.Spinach.Cucumber.Tomatoes.Avocados.Garbanzo Beans.Carrots.TJ's Ranch Dressing.
Look at all those colors! I was so proud of myself!
Almost ready to go to work:
After I enjoyed that delicous and healthy salad yesterday for lunch #2, I came home and made....veggie pizza! (with a couple slices of turkey pep to please the hubs) I sided that with some roast veggies (ok this is just gettin' a little crazy...)

YUM. Um. I'm not sure if this is in anyway related, (well I'm guessing it is)...but...I FEEL GREAT! Seriously. So much energy. Awake. Not lethargic at all (which is a big problem of mine usually). And not to share TMI but...I gotta say "things" are moving along nicely..ahem...cough cough. It's kinda wonderful!
I challenge you all to get in your fruits and veggies for the rest of the week. Make that your goal: how many can you eat?! How many colors can you fit in?
I will leave you with some pics of my pup enjoying the remnants of the peanut butter jar. I feel bad laughing at her misfortune (being unable to reach the bottom) but it's just SO funny!
But now we are going to talk about something that has become a small obsession of mine over the last week: eating produce.
I decided this week I really wanted to focus on eating every color of the rainbow in produce every day. Also, to eat a fruit/vegetable at every meal and for snacks as well. I think I've done a pretty good job!
We will start with my dinner on Wednesday night. Another TJ's frozen creation:
I paired this with 1/2 a bagel thin and a delicious side salad:
One serving (1/4 of carton) has 260 in this veggie lasagna. I liked it! The hubby however was not to impressed.... ("where's the meat?!?!"). I think I would buy this again but just make it for me.The next day I ate some veggie lasgna leftovers for lunch. The hubs came home early for work and saw me packing my snack for work. He said "wow, that looks like a healthy lunch"-- I said "Um...this is my snack....hehe!" Actually, I just told him I eat like a hobbit and it was my second lunch.
Olives.Spinach.Cucumber.Tomatoes.Avocados.Garbanzo Beans.Carrots.TJ's Ranch Dressing.Look at all those colors! I was so proud of myself!
Almost ready to go to work:
After I enjoyed that delicous and healthy salad yesterday for lunch #2, I came home and made....veggie pizza! (with a couple slices of turkey pep to please the hubs) I sided that with some roast veggies (ok this is just gettin' a little crazy...)
YUM. Um. I'm not sure if this is in anyway related, (well I'm guessing it is)...but...I FEEL GREAT! Seriously. So much energy. Awake. Not lethargic at all (which is a big problem of mine usually). And not to share TMI but...I gotta say "things" are moving along nicely..ahem...cough cough. It's kinda wonderful!
I challenge you all to get in your fruits and veggies for the rest of the week. Make that your goal: how many can you eat?! How many colors can you fit in?
I will leave you with some pics of my pup enjoying the remnants of the peanut butter jar. I feel bad laughing at her misfortune (being unable to reach the bottom) but it's just SO funny!


14 comments:
I think the lasagna sounds pretty good. I remember my mom once making a spinach style of lasagna -- it was good too.
Girl you missed out on that PB jar! The very BEST overnight oats are made in an almost empty PB jar! I go through phases with veggies. Some days it's all I want to eat. Fresh, crisp veggies. Other days they make me gag :)
Ok...I'm almost ready to adopt your dog!
Don't tell my wife!
Ok...I know how much you love her despite her destructive ways...so beautiful, though.
Great going with veggies girly! I love your dog-every time you post a picture I want to run home and scratch my two boys behind the ears.
i wish we had a trader joe's!!
i was just reading this blog post:
http://hersoutherncharm.blogspot.com/2010/03/raw.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FVPgp+%28Her+Southern+Charm%29
& she was saying how great you feel after going vegan. well, she's not vegan but she's just leaning towards a whole lot more veggies & less everything else!
Is somebody trying to tell me something? I think maybe so. :)
As always, i LOVE your dog!
Hmm...even though I'm trying to do the OPPOSITE of you (gain weight, duh), it might be good for me to eat more produce. And it would be good for Corey since he's trying to lose weight too...I'll have to try it out! I'm just not very good with cooking veggies. I haven't done it much, and I hate it when they're mushy. Any tips on how to cook GOOD tasting vegetables that aren't basically the consistency of baby food?
That pizza looks delicious, can you post the recipe and calorie count?? I love the color idea, I will definitely try it at some point.
PS - I gave you an award today!!
Love the pics of the furrkid...the last one would be how my Pug would handle the situation (he doesn't have a snout to stick inside, so he'd go straight for chewing it into submission).
I definitely need to incorporate more veggies in my daily eating. With warmer months around the corner (YIPEE), this will be easier to do (CAN'T WAIT!!!!!). My salad eating has been alot less too :(
I LOVE the pic of your beautiful dog w/the peanut butter jar!
Your attitude is inspiring! Keep it going girl! You're doing great :)
awwwww thank you so much.
you are beautiful in all areas!
guess what... couple of awards for you on my blog!
the veggie pizza looks great!
I love your dog, he is just sooooo funny!!! I know my Bugggles would do that too. haha.
Your salad looks soooo yummy! I am definitely going to jump on the more veggies band wagon! I need it to ummm make me regular again :)
Post a Comment