Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Does anyone else....

.....feel extremely passionate when exercise or weight loss/healthy eating come into a conversation in every day life? Is it just me who gets excited like a puppy when this topic gets brought up?!?! I almost need to use a little bit of self control when this happens and I'm around people who don't know that I am on this "get healthy" journey. I really don't WANT to overwhelm (or flat out annoy) them, but I feel like I am now a wealth of healthy living knowledge just waiting to spring a leak!
I'm not saying I know everything- not EVEN close to that. But see, that's what is so incredibly great about all of this. I don't think I will ever know everything there is to know about living a healthy lifestyle. There will always be NEW recipes to try, new fitness tips to utilize, new ways to tweak my everyday life.

I'm having so much fun filling my brain to the max with as much information on this stuff as possible- through blogs, articles, books, podcasts. Sound obsessed, right? Well..I wouldn't argue with ya.

Now as i was driving home last night I was thinking:

1. I have a passion
2. I need a career
3. I like to help people
4. I am committed to healthy living and want to help others be as well

So I hollered out to my God in heaven (because I like to consult Him on these things) and asked Him to make it clear to me just exactly what He wants me to do with this?? I'll let you all know if I hear a definite answer soon! (and if you are the praying type you could send a little prayer my way as well!)

Will I incorporate this into a career? Gosh, I don't know. I don't even know how I would. Right now I'm considering becoming a Registered Dietitian. A personal trainer (HA!)...umm...not for me.

So many options running through my head. And maybe this shouldn't even be a career for me!

I NEED DIRECTION!

I apologize for just puking my entire brain of thoughts on you all just now. (ok that was kinda gross)

...and I'm off to think about a million thoughts per second...see ya!!

26 comments:

Tonyne said...

Funny you should write about this, I feel the same way and I know for a fact I annoy the heck out of the majority of my friends. :) However, several of my friends have started running and eating healthy, so they must be listening. :)

I've been thinking about doing the training thing. Or at least learning more about doing the training thing.

Anonymous said...

We often chat about our lunches at work and compare what people bring. I share info about what I have and why etc. I have been holding back on talking too much because I don't want people to think that I am obsessive about it but I really enjoy talking about what I have learned... maybe it's the teacher in me.

I think that it is awesome that you want to combine your passion with a career...what better way to ensure that you will love your job.

BEE said...

you would be a good nutritionist you should check in to it

Jessica - cbgblog said...

Thank you for the kind comment on my stressful blog post...

She has been doing amazing. I am proud of her.

Melissa said...

I have thought about it too - like when it's going well & i understand so much about how it works; i'm like i would love to encourage people in this as a career - after i have met my weight loss goals! But i don't wanna go back to school, so... ;) but what a great career that would be, Nicole!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Haha I feel the same way! When someone even mentions they want to eat healthy I'm like "ALMOND BUTTER! TREADMILL! OVERNIGHT OATS!" All while jumping up and down. Jk... Ok maybe I do it on the inside. It's because you have such a strong passion about it and you've made it YOUR lifestyle. It's your life... Why wouldn't you want to talk about it till your blue?

I was actually supposed to register for classes to be a registered dietician in the fall... BUT our new baby is due in October so that ain't gonna happen! I think you should do it so I can just live through you haha :)

By the way... Blogging about your healthy lifestyle is helping a lot of people... You'd surprised at how many people you've inspired!

Kerri & Katie said...

I would LOVE to do something with nutrition and help others! Kerri is heading in the direction of majoring in Nutrition I think and I'm SO JEALOUS! I'm horrible with science/math so it's out of the question for me. I'll keep it in my prayers that he'll make it clear to you!

Lucy said...

You are definitely not alone! I have a co-worker that loves to talk about weight loss, low fat, etc. but she never receives ANYTHING you have to say: it's all about what SHE knows-it drives me NUTS! BONKERS! CRAZY!

She DID lose 80 pounds like 10 years ago...AND GAINED IT ALL BACK! I guess this makes her the TOP DAWG w/this topic :) NOT!!

liveLAUGHsing. said...

I feel ya! I like to talk about it because I know a lot about it! Too bad people probably look at me and think... so if you know it all, why don't you put it to use! hmph. i'm getting there.. i am!

Krista said...

Great blog! Windows Live Writer (WLW) is a program that will change your (blogging) life! It makes everything SO much easier and faster. You can google it to download. I don't have the link handy right now...Good luck!

Laura said...

Passion is an awesome thing! And if you can find a career that fits your passion that would be AWESOME!!!

RunToTheFinish said...

i get sooo excited when someone asks me about running or workout ideas, LOVE IT!

Hmm ideas...life coach? Maybe start posting transformed recipes? Then put together a book of them?

Denise said...

I will think good thoughts that you are able to find a way to blend your passion for health with a way to make a living...what a blessing that would be!

Patti said...

That's so great! This could be a great career path for you! So many people on the Biggest Loser end up becoming personal trainers, nutritionists, etc. It becomes a way of life when you "see the light", you want to help others!
Praying what I always pray for myself when at a crossroad, "LORD, MAKE YOUR PLANS OBVIOUS!!!!" :)

kimert said...

I DO get excited when people start talking about diet and exercise! I feel like I "know" a few things and do like to give my input or talk about my experience. I do know different things work for different people though so I try to not be pushy! LOL

Candace said...

most of the successful ppl on the biggest loser end up in careers either as trainers or motivational speakers -you could do either ;)

erica said...

Heyy girly!
I found the bagel thins at Sam's Club & Costco. Those are the only places I have found them at.

Paul and Whitney Rohrbaugh said...

It's so funny you say that because I've noticed that I've been doing the same thing lately. I love to talk about what I'm eating and what exercise I've done to lose those pesky pounds. I was talking to my parents last night and I felt like I was talking their ear off about healthy living. I like feeling this good and like to encourage others to eat healthier!

http://finallygettinghealthyin2010.blogspot.com/

karen@fitnessjourney said...

I'm excited for you! I just did a similar post about my passion for fitness. Whatever career you choose in the field, with your passion, you are sure to be a success.

Best of luck!

Kyle said...

Me also...I get so excited, I jump up and down and pee on peoples legs...or is that what the puppy does, I forget.

Xinabean.blogspot.com said...

I find I just keep spouting facts about this or that and sound like a total know it all. OH well....

BTW I gave you an award!
http://www.emancipatingthin.blogspot.com/

Amber Hansen said...

Woo! I could TOTALLY see you doing that! I'll say a little prayer for ya ;]

Debbie said...

I love talking about eating healthy and exercising! I know I drive some people crazy, like my husband and a few of my friends. So I try not to talk about it unless someone brings it up. And then I have to watch what I say very closely, so as not to offend!

I think you will make the right decision in regards to your career - keep praying about it and make sure you don't make a decision without really thinking it through. I regret my past career decisions every single day of my life, and wish so much that I had put more thought into it back when I had the chance.

Seth said...

I'm the same way -- I think I've got my little brother interested in it too now...and I've probably annoyed everyone else:)

Anonymous said...

I drive my co-workers all crazy when they bring up anything having to do with a "healthy lifestyle" and I can't stop myself after that! LOL!

Anonymous said...

yes!! i share that same flurry of thoughts whenever thigns like that come up in convo too. i'm just really passionate about it! i want to be a nurse practitioner, bc i feel like i'd have a real opportunity to make a difference in people's health! i can totally picture you being an RD