Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Would your mom hike a mountain?

Well mine would! :) In fact...she did! Today!

Yes that's right folks, either I have the best mom in the whole world...or...I am just a great sales person. Because this morning I "sold" my mom on a 2.5 mile hike up a mountain.

It was tough. We took breaks and went at a our own pace. But we made it! Here's some pics to prove it:

The whole trail kept referring to the "vista." Well we got to the vista and guess what...it was a huge field surrounded by trees! Ah what a view...NOT! So we stopped and ate lunch.
My mom's first experience with a "cutie" orange- they will change your life!She insisted on taking a picture of it-- "for your blog!!" LOL
The pup likes pretzels!! (ps- I'm skinny!)
I convinced her to hike the last bit to the top- and happy we did!
My mom's dogs- razzle and dazzle. They could very well be the first Mini Yorkies ever to climb a mountain. I'm thinking of calling Guinness Book of World Records to confirm....See where I get my good looks?! ;)A beautiful view. Gotta love the Pacific Northwest!
It was a great day. Now I gotta just recruit the hubby for a leg massage! I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

21 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

What a wonderful day. You really are amazing-every day making a point to make exercise a priority and motivating others to join you. I love reading your blog!

WWSuzi said...

What a nice hike. Glad you got to spend time together doing something healthy :)

Kyle said...

Me loves me some hiking! Especially if the trail is rocky, steep, etc....you get such a great workout without being stuck inside the gym.

I love the PNW! Maybe my wife will find a national park assignment there someday.

Jessica - cbgblog said...

I have heard people talk about cuties before but never know what they were. So I'm happy your mom decided to take a picture of one... tell her thanks! :)

Looks like a great time. You are looking skinny and still beautiful as always.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I have told you this before but you are SO CUTE! You look like such a fun person! What a good mama :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great hike, my wife just saw your pictures and decided we should go out now and get our hike in before we get started with other parts of our day and end up not doing it.

Shelli said...

Looks like you had a fun day with your MOM!

Check out my blog today I nominated you for a cute award!!

Duke said...

I love your blog! Check out my new one. It chronicles the life of a one-time model who now, 100 lbs heavier, is a waddle. “once a model, now a waddle” http://www.onceamodelnowawaddle.blogspot.com
I am a twenty-something, first-time-blogger. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. Shopping in my closet is like going to the GAP– I have jeans from size 2 to size 16. My weight can fluctuate by 100 pounds. And because of this, I have been afforded the opportunity to live many types of lives over the past ten years. At my thinnest, I was model signed to a major agency in Miami. As I gained weight, I switched focus from my looks to my smarts. I graduated from law school and started working as an attorney. Now, 100 plus pounds heavier and a bona fide waddler, my memories of photo shoots and the glamorous life are a distant fog. Please join me on my journey from model to waddle and hopefully back again.

Alexia said...

You look fabulous and healthy and happy! (And thin, yes!)

Your mom is so cute and a good sport. My mother would understand the concept of a hike! Ha!

Jenn said...

Love that you and your mom found something healthy to do together!

Christine said...

That is great that your mom did the hike with you. You look great!!

Alexia said...

* would not

divad said...

Gorgeous area you live in!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, that is HILARIOUS... Razzle & Dazzle! I can't believe YORKIES hiked a MOUNTAIN!!?!!? I am pretty sure they ARE the first yorkies to do that!!! LOL.

Your mom is cute! You look like her too!

financecupcake said...

Oh, my gosh! Your mom is too cute! You two look so much a like! By the way, you are looking great! Cute dogs, too. I'm glad you guys had fun!

SarahRachel said...

Siiiiigh...my mom would (and DOES) hike a mountain and she would totally kick my butt and be like "COME ON! KEEP THE PACE BRISK!!" and my 28 year old butt would be dragging way behind her 49 year old one! ;-) Looks like you guys had a wonderful hike. It makes me miss hiking! I need to go again. And I also LOOOOOOVE cutie oranges! SO GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Ah! What a wonderful day!

Running Diva Mom said...

Just found your blog and absolutely love the name -- made me laugh out loud. Looking fwd to following your journey :-)

Seth said...

that's really awesome. my mom went sledding with me and my little brother when we were younger...broke her tailbone..no more sledding for her.

Continuous Changes said...

Awe, that is soo awesome. Your mom seems very supportive :) Loving the yorkies, too cute! You and your mom are gorgeous :)

135by2012 said...

I wish my mom was able to hike with me. I know I will do it with my daughter :)

PS - You look super skinny!! Keep up the good work :)