Warning: this post is going to be a bunch of random jabber. If you attempt to read all of it, I applaud and thank you for being such a loyal follower.
Hello all! Today I ran another 3 miles with Chloe. I have a couple of random things to spout about on this subject:
1. I am finding that eating 1 hour before I run is working wonders. I no longer feel nauseous and I also feel it is giving me a bit more energy than I had before.
2. I have been having a major side ache on my right side. I think this may be because I hold Chloe's leash on this side, and she likes to pull on it everytime she sees another dog, person, small animal, etc. I'm hoping this side ache will not pop up for my race on Sunday seeing as she will not be with me.
3. I am REALLY NERVOUS for Sunday (race day), because 3 miles feels like such a struggle for me at this point- and the race is 3.75. I want to be able to say I ran the whole thing- that has been my goal this whole time I've been training. But I am really nervous that I might not make it. :(
Happy thought: I no longer have things in my closet that don't fit. You know how amazing it is to reach into my closet, pull something out, and to just KNOW it won't be too small? It feels so rewarding.
I have now sent in an initial application to a school to become a Registered Dietitian. However, I have almost no science credits so I will have to start looking into taking some more courses through my local community college to get caught up so I can fulfill the program prerequisites.
If you are reading this and know of someone, or you yourself are, involved in the nutrition field and may be willing to talk to me more about it via e-mail, I would love to talk to someone!
I did receive several more formspring questions that I will be answering in the next couple of days. Oddly enough, a lot of them had to do with mine and my hubby's relationship! haha. I think I will be devoting a whole post to this aspect of my life and what his thoughts are on this whole "lifestyle change" I've adopted the last four months.
I will however, target one "non relationship" question I got yesterday:
"how do you deal with the PMS-related cravings? (for me, chocolate, salt, and general sluggishness..."
If I am going to be truthfully and brutally honest hear.... not very well! I am definitely still learning how to cope with these things. For the last four months if my body was craving something, PMS related or not, I've just given it what it wants. The only thing I've changed is trying to find a lower calorie replacement. So instead of eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream, I might have a cup of sugar free hot coco instead.
This technique has definitely helped me "coast through" my first 25 pounds- and will probably be my technique until I reach my first weight goal of 40 pounds lost. However, as I've mentioned in previous posts, I am thinking about adapting and changing some of these things (and probably kicking aspertame to the curb is going to be one of my first orders of business...which means saying goodbye to a lot of my "lower calorie" replacements).
So there ya go. That's been my technique...but we are all forever changing and adapting on this journey, and so will I!
As far as "sluggishness"- I exercise when I feel like it. I know, you are probably thinking when does anyone ever "feel" like it? Basically to me that means if there is nothing drastically wrong with me (i.e. I feel nauseous/crampy, exhausted, or really ill) I just kick my butt out the door.
Oh yeah, and having a Siberian husky helps A LOT! No joke.
You just can't say no to this face.

That's it for today!
Hello all! Today I ran another 3 miles with Chloe. I have a couple of random things to spout about on this subject:
1. I am finding that eating 1 hour before I run is working wonders. I no longer feel nauseous and I also feel it is giving me a bit more energy than I had before.
2. I have been having a major side ache on my right side. I think this may be because I hold Chloe's leash on this side, and she likes to pull on it everytime she sees another dog, person, small animal, etc. I'm hoping this side ache will not pop up for my race on Sunday seeing as she will not be with me.
3. I am REALLY NERVOUS for Sunday (race day), because 3 miles feels like such a struggle for me at this point- and the race is 3.75. I want to be able to say I ran the whole thing- that has been my goal this whole time I've been training. But I am really nervous that I might not make it. :(
Happy thought: I no longer have things in my closet that don't fit. You know how amazing it is to reach into my closet, pull something out, and to just KNOW it won't be too small? It feels so rewarding.
I have now sent in an initial application to a school to become a Registered Dietitian. However, I have almost no science credits so I will have to start looking into taking some more courses through my local community college to get caught up so I can fulfill the program prerequisites.
If you are reading this and know of someone, or you yourself are, involved in the nutrition field and may be willing to talk to me more about it via e-mail, I would love to talk to someone!
I did receive several more formspring questions that I will be answering in the next couple of days. Oddly enough, a lot of them had to do with mine and my hubby's relationship! haha. I think I will be devoting a whole post to this aspect of my life and what his thoughts are on this whole "lifestyle change" I've adopted the last four months.
I will however, target one "non relationship" question I got yesterday:
"how do you deal with the PMS-related cravings? (for me, chocolate, salt, and general sluggishness..."
If I am going to be truthfully and brutally honest hear.... not very well! I am definitely still learning how to cope with these things. For the last four months if my body was craving something, PMS related or not, I've just given it what it wants. The only thing I've changed is trying to find a lower calorie replacement. So instead of eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream, I might have a cup of sugar free hot coco instead.
This technique has definitely helped me "coast through" my first 25 pounds- and will probably be my technique until I reach my first weight goal of 40 pounds lost. However, as I've mentioned in previous posts, I am thinking about adapting and changing some of these things (and probably kicking aspertame to the curb is going to be one of my first orders of business...which means saying goodbye to a lot of my "lower calorie" replacements).
So there ya go. That's been my technique...but we are all forever changing and adapting on this journey, and so will I!
As far as "sluggishness"- I exercise when I feel like it. I know, you are probably thinking when does anyone ever "feel" like it? Basically to me that means if there is nothing drastically wrong with me (i.e. I feel nauseous/crampy, exhausted, or really ill) I just kick my butt out the door.
Oh yeah, and having a Siberian husky helps A LOT! No joke.
You just can't say no to this face.

That's it for today!
15 comments:
HAHA - you are too cute! & so is Chloe! I couldn't say no to that face either!
I will be thinking of you during your race! That you make the 3.75 miles with flying colors!
Congrats on all the clothes fitting. I always HATED that experience of having to try on like 4 pairs of pants to find one that barely fits!
Once you get to the race you'll run harder than you've ever run. All the excitement from other people and actually being there with your number on will provide some serious motivation! You'll do just fine girl :)
Just like I'm struggling to see if I can run through my whole 5k, you're having the same problems. And I'm telling you exactly what you told me! You can do it! I know that 3 miles seems like a struggle, but when you're in that race I think the adrenaline will kick in and you will be able to accomplish your goals. One thing to remember (and I'm telling myself this too) is to not start out too fast. You'll do great!
You could try talking to Kath from http://www.katheats.com/ She's going to school right now to become an RD. Congrats, that's so exciting!!
You are an inspiration. I wish I could get my fat ass off the couch and run like you do. I have to say.. you two look sooooo CUTE.
That is SO cool that you are going to become a dietician! Sweeeeeet!
p.s. Ummmm why didn't you answer MY question? :)
That is such a cool dog!
You are going to do awesome on Sunday-can't wait to hear all about it-I thought about becoming a dietician-so proud of you :)
Just started following your blog!! Looks like great fun!
yay 3 mile run thats a great workout
Sounds like we have a similar method for dealing with cravings! Let me know how the cutting out of artificial sweeteners goes. I've toyed with the idea but it always gets shot down by my sweet tooth! :-)
Your pup is so adorable!!
You are going to do awesome on your run!!!
This was a fun post to read. That's interesting so many people are curious about your relationship!! Good job on the 3 miles. Good luck Sunday!!!! The RD thing sounds exciting. You'll have to keep us updated on the process!
So real & honest. Loved reading THE WHOLE THING-PHEW!Just/Kidding:) Thanks for your comment on my "Rants & Jealousy". Yup, you got what I meant about the lifestyle change.
And girl, you are so right with being able to grab anything in your closet and it fits! I'm still getting there. Thins definitely fit me LOTS BETTER-BUT, I do have a bad habit of buying clothes that are too snug!LOL! Why I do this to myself is beyond me:)
Great Post & I'm with you in the exercise department. I do it when I feel like it (which isn't very often!).
Post a Comment