Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mosyin' On Outta a Two Day Funk

Ello Loves.

I have been a TAD mia from blogworld the last two days. Although I do have most of this week off from work, I've busied myself with some other tasks that are on my to do list (ie finishing painting the hallway I started back in December!). Anyway, I am not sure of what time of the month it is, but my body is telling me it's feasting week. This comes about 10 days before the blessed you know what and makes me want to eat everything in site- including scavenging for chocolate at any cost!

Needless to say, I have not been on track. No exercise and binge eating. Eh. Tomorrow I am going hiking with a friend and I'm hoping for some serious calorie burnage!!

I also have no lovely pictures for you all today :(
Can you blame me for not wanting to share my binge meals? Boy would that be entertaining!

I DO however have some formspring questions I will tackle today:


(This one is a couple of weeks old so I apologize for the delay!)

How did you get the 'who am i' 'whats up with the lettuce' and 'before.during.after.' tabs on your blog?? Thanks!!

This is actually quite simple. When you are on your blogger "dashboard" select "new post." Once you are at the posting screen, look at the top underneath the tabs. There should be an option called "edit pages." This will take you to a screen where you should be able to then add different pages to your blog! Good luck!

And another:

How do you cook your vegetables?

Realistically, I don't have to much variety at how I prepare my veggies. What I usually do is slice them to however I desire (asparagus in half, broccoli in florets, etc) and then I toss them in a ziploc bag. I add some olive oil and shake to properly coat them. Then I do one of two things:

1. Sautee them in a pan, usually on medium heat with a lid, watching closely (the key is to take them out almost before they looked "cooked"-then they will be soft but still have a bit of a "crunch")
or!

2. I roast them in the oven. I have no specific temp or length of time- it's really random. I just keep a close eye on them and take them out when they look ready! I always use some kind of seasoning (usually Johnny's) on them while I'm cooking them as well.

This method works for what I usually make: asparagus, zuchinni, yellow squash, broccoli, brussel sprouts, even carrots. Other veggies I just eat fresh (like tomatoes and spinach)
That was a great question, thank you!

I do have one last thing to say to you all AND a picture (I lied!) hehe. You know how I posted that pic of my dog licking the PB jar last week? Well she took that thing with her wherever she went afterwards....it was kind of hilarious! Here she is at her favorite spot by the window with her beat up PB jar:
Tommorow I will be wrapping up and reviewing the month of March, as well as setting some new goals for the month of April! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Woo! You answered my formspring question about your vegetables! Thanks, lady! :)

I can't wait to see you on Saturday! You skinny minnie, you!

Melissa said...

AHAHA! Love the pic!

Sorry you've been in a slump, but i'm sure the hike will take care of it! :):)

Glad someone asked about the Tab Thingie, i have wanted to do that!

liveLAUGHsing. said...

SNAP OUT OF IT! (because I'm one to talk..) hhaha (: i missed you for the past two days!!
yummmmm.. talk of veggies makes me want someee! esp. asparagus! WEEE. i just steam mine in the microwave.. FANCY i know :)

Mrs. S. said...

Mmmm Roasted Veggies. I was thinking kabobs are sounding yummy today.

My "Red Headed Cousin" makes me miserable too. =(

Seth said...

That dog is too cool.