Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Fuzz Cuzzy Runs

Good morning all my lovely blog followers! I hope your day has started out SWELL.

I have some very exciting news. I have a race buddy! YAY! You may remember my post a couple of weeks ago about the St. Patty's Day Dash and for whatever reason, I ended up running it alone. That was ok with me. It was such a big goal that I had been working at that I wanted to be able to just be proud of myself and myself alone when I crossed that finish line.

HOWEVER!

I am a big people person and so I've been trying to "scout out" or "recruit" (so to say) some running buddies for the last couple of months. Well I am happy to say that I have one who is doing the next race with me.....

MY COUSIN!![December 08]
aka "the fuzz" (We have always called each other fuzzy cuzzy since we were little. Nerdy, I know!)

Anyway, I am SO excited. And guess what that little stinker did!?!?

Convinced me to do a half marathon with her in June.

WWHAATT?!?(yes this is her and I- notice matching gofer teeth)

Yes, that's right everyone. I will be doing my first half marathon- the "rock and roll half marathon" in Seattle in June.

Don't worry too much though! We have already discussed our plans of trying to run half of it and walk the rest. We don't want to overdo it and end up injuring ourselves or getting discouraged because we couldn't complete it. Were going to take it easy and just enjoy ourselves!! I am so excited.

Next weekend we are going to go on our first run together. Since she lives about an hour from me, we will mostly be training seperately. But next weekend we plan to run back and forth across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge- which is equivalent to about 2 miles.
In May she will coming up to my hometown to run the Vikingfest race with me- 5 miles.

We are totally going to rock this race. No doubt about it...just look at how cute we are:
Ok, well, maybe she's the cute one. I was preoccupied.

I love her oh so much and am happy that she is getting into this crazy world of running with me!


14 comments:

Tonyne said...

That is awesome you found a running partner! You'll do great on the 1/2, just train properly! :) I like the training plans at Jeff Galloway's website (jeffgalloway.com) because he uses the walk/run method. I'm thining of doing my first in October.

Seth said...

congrats -- that last picture made me laugh --- my students were working and it distracted them

Melissa said...

Oh my GOSH - those pics are hilarious! I love the one in the tube! LOL. SO CUTE!

YAY for finding a running buddy! :)

Tiffany said...

First, yeah for deciding to do a half! That's awesome. Second, you have PLENTY of time to train for one in June and run the whole thing. Go to marathonrookie.com and check out their training schedules. They also have lots of great info on hydration, nutrition etc. It's a great site. Have a great time training. How fun to do it with someone too.

kimert said...

Very exciting!! Good luck to you both! Love those pictures.

Candace said...

Wow-you are so great and so ambitious-I love this about you-you were both super cute and still are :)

Jessica - cbgblog said...

That is great..... glad that you found a buddy AND it is family. WOOHOOO :)

Patti said...

That is awesome!! So fun to have a buddy to train with and to push you when you need it!! Great pics too! :)

Kyle said...

Get out! That is so cool for you two. You are really rocking out the races...I gotta get off of these "fun runs" and get into something with a bib number and an overpriced t-shirt!

Very excited for you.

Jenn said...

Awwwww...you guys are too cute! Yay for you guys for supporting each other!

Julia said...

What great news!

Having a running buddy will make things more interesting and fun (maybe even a bit of friendly competition?)

:)

Julia
http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

Whitney said...

Awesome, you are going to rock it!!

Also, I got your question about the BL DVDs. Send me your email and I'll be happy to email you back the link!!


fatgirlinaweddingdress.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

That is great news!! You are going to have a blast!

Jenny said...

I have never been so excited to run in my life! Its going to be a lot of fun. I wish we lived closer so that we could train together. What day are we going to do the narrows?