This weekend I was majorly spoiled. By myself and my family.
I will start with myself. I knew I would be headed down to see my family this weekend and was excited about my Trader Joe's trip the whole week. I am a WEIRDO when it comes to grocery shopping...I get WAY overly excited about it. I wanted to spend a long time (alone, no pressure) at TJ's so I could check out all their products. I wanted to spend about 50.00 but came away with 75.oo in TJ's goodness....oh well. It was fun!
Here is my super secret TJ's shot since I had my SLR and I didn't really want people to think I was a CRAZY (like I kind of am).
I've been hearing SO much about greek yogurt lately and the last time I tried it I was not impresseed. So I decided to give it another shot. I also picked up some agave nectar to stick in it and some TJ's low fat granola:
Verdict: YUMMY! The agave sweetener and granola gave it a great sweet taste, and it didn't taste aspartame-y like most other low fat yogurts. I will definitely be having this again.Now on to family spoilage....
My mom insisted on buying me running materials for my birthday. She is SO excited and supportive on my new found love of running!
So we set out on Saturday and picked up a few things:
Socks.Insoles.That can only mean one thing right?!
YUP!
I got new running shoes!
Unfortunately, they didn't have my size in stock so I will get them later this week.
I actually had quite a little adventure at the running store. I got my feet evaluated on a machine and then the store clerk asked to look at the bottom of my feet....umm....EW!
I was SO embarrassed. She pretty much "reamed me out" for not taking care of my feet. I have several blisters and callouses on my feet. Apparently I have been wearing one size two small. And I guess the ultimate sin when running is to wear cotton socks?! Who knew?!?
I never said I was professional!
I will post a pic this week when I got my new kicks in the mail!
I also hopped on over to Target last night. I returned my Heart Rate Monitor I wrote about a couple of weeks ago. I will be writing about this in a later post!!
However, I was literally jumping for joy when I realized that Target has REALLY CHEAP GROCERIES!
And guess what else?!?!
I found bagel thins there! I've been looking for them everywhere!!Woohoo!
A couple of week ago I wrote about how I had gone down in dress size and that I would post a picture of the new dress I bought...Well here it is!
I wore it all weekend long pretty much. I am really diggin' it because it is super comfy...and not to mention a size I haven't worn in about forever!One last thing...my family took me out to dinner on Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. We went to a place called "Asado's"- an Argentinian themed restaurant in Tacoma. My mom and I split the flat iron steak, purple mashed potatoes, and a side of grilled asparagus:

And here we are:
Thanks for the spoilage this weekend, mum!Weigh in:
This week I lost...ZILCH! You may remember that I had gained .5 of a pound from Monday to Wednesday where I had a special birthday weigh in. So technically, I did lose that .5. That's a start! This week I plan on totally rocking my calorie counting and hoping for a big loss as I coast into my 5 month weight loss anniversary next week! We will see!
14 comments:
Yay for spoilage! My Mom always spoils me when I visit too. It's the best! :)
You are too cute! I love your dress! Yay for mom spoiler time! HAHA! I love when mine spoils me (it's been awhile; like, since i got married! what's up w/ that?! jk.)
You are awesome!
I've never been to Trader Joe's. So sad!
Woohoo for being spoiled!
So glad to hear you got new running shoes! And I laughed at the cotton socks comment! SOrry! I love my Asics running socks so much that I wear them even when I am NOT running. It's amazing how the breathe so much better than cotton. :) Enjoy your new stuff!
Oh and the dress looks great on you!
Glad you had such a good weekend! It is always great to have support and love around you :)
There is nothing like a weekend of getting spoiled!!!!
Super cute dress! You look great!
I love birthday weeks! Definitely keep us informed on the HRM. I'm looking fr a good one!
Aww what an amazing time! I had my feel evaluated once too. Its amazing how much better your feet will feel though once you get everything right. LOVE THE DRESS! You are so darn cute!
I love your week long birthday celebration! And the dress!
You have convinced me to find the closest Trader Joe's to me, hopefully, in NY State, and I'm making the trip.
What fabric should running socks be?
Your Mom looks my age!!!! I'm think I'm old enough to be your Mom!
Love your super happy post-happy birthday-thanks for the running gear info-any is greatly appreciated-your mom is super cute and I love your dress :)
Love the dress!!
Awe-you look so happy! I have no clue about the socks-thank you for enlightenment.
Also thanks for the bloggy view point from the other side. I do think my gal is getting worn out.
It sounds like you had a great weekend!
I am a huge fan of agave nectar -- i put it in everything: coffee, yogurt, and I've even put it on bread and ate it for a snack. Yep.
great job and keep up the good work!
Post a Comment