Oh my love- the hubby. I could probably write an entire book on the aspects of our relationship, our story, and every other little detail. But alas, I do have a life.
It seems that many of you are little relationship prodders...haha! Totally kidding-- that is what my little formspring box is there for, so ask away! (I may regret that challenge...)
It seems that many of you are little relationship prodders...haha! Totally kidding-- that is what my little formspring box is there for, so ask away! (I may regret that challenge...)
"Do you and your husband eat the same things for
meals?"As I am writing this post, my love is consuming a bowl of cheerios as a post dinner snack. So there ya have it.
Yes, we really do. There are not TOO many things I have ventured into eating that he is opposed to. However, he does eat about 3X the amount I do. (no exaggeration)
The only thing he is really not to into is my "lower cal replacement" items- things like egg whites, turkey bacon, etc. So for those kinds of things I usually have the regular items on hand for him. I have heard minimal complaining about switching to ground turkey, but he HAS brought up that he thinks ground beef has more flavor, and prefers it.
The funny thing is, he eats a LOT of food- but he's not unhealthy. He is in construction and God really only knows how many calories that man burns a day (it's got to be A LOT). So he eats a lot to make up for that. I don't buy junk food, so he doesn't eat it!
And actually...he's losing weight. If you followed me last month you would know that he has lost about 15 pounds since I started my healthy journey. I was excited that I finally passed him and weighed in less than him in February....the scary thing is...he's starting to catch up to me again! AH!
"do you feel sexier now that you weigh less"
Not really. I know it's strange to say, but I never let being overweight affect the way I felt in that "arena" of my life. And the hubby definitely helps. Let's just say....he likes me a
lot....at any weight!I haven't gotten to the point where I really, truly FEEL much skinnier. I know that I look different, but I still feel very similar to what I weighed at the beginning. This is just me, and what 27.5lbs lost feels on MY body- on someone else it might be extremely different.
"how does your boy toy feel about this weight loss journey of yours"
In order to answer this question you must first understand my husband's personality. And sadly, I really don't think I can do a very good job of communicating that with you all (minus my two readers that actually know him!).Kellen is a goofy guy. He just doesn't take a whole lot seriously. He's definitely the typical jock, "class clown" of every group, football-loving, beer drinking, manly man.
That being said, he is supportive...in his own way. At first I am pretty sure he didn't really know what to think. I have attempted to "lose weight" several times while we've been together, and failed...a lot. So I think in a way he's almost been "scared" to say anything on the subject...possibly because I've bitten his head off in the past for voicing his opinion on it (whoops!).
That being said, he stayed fairly quiet, for a long time. In the past two months he's talked about it a lot more. He's expressed how proud he is of me several times and tells me that I look great. But I still think he sometimes feels he's walking that "thin line" and therefore avoids the subject altogether for the most part!
Hope that answers those questions for the most part. I love him so very much and thank you all for providing the opportunity for me to blab about my favorite person :)
19 comments:
aww what a great post
you 2 are a cute married couple :-)
heres to 10,000,000,000,000,000 ------> years of being happily married
so adorable... he's a cutie! You guys are great together.
Awww, y'all are SO CUTE! And i'm still kind of obsessed w/ his name. Kellen. LOVE IT. HAHA! Can i name my kid that?
This was a great post! Fun to know some stuff about this side of your life! And i have to say, even being obese, i am totally able to feel sexy & have fun in the bedroom also, haha! Brad is also a wonderful help in that way b/c he makes me feel like i look amazing. And he totally loves me no matter my weight. :) Anyway it sometimes makes me sad that the assumption is that fat people don't have great sex lives b/c they aren't confident & all that... not true for all of us!
Love these pictures of you two!!! So cute!
And yes, it IS sunny here! Finally! It's beautiful these last few days - warm & sunny but with a nice breeze! I wouldn't at all be opposed to y'all moving next door! :)
Very cute post. :) It's nice to get a glimpse into your life!
he sounds like a pretty cool guy.
Ha. I didn't know you two were married-I was wondering if you were living with your boyfriend. haha. Answers a lot of my questions! So cute to hear about your relationship!
Happy weekend!
Aw, you guys are cute. I hope you have a long, happy marriage. : )
My husband is the same way with lower calorie replacements... I literally STILL can't eat that stuff now that I'm at my ideal weight. He can though and so can my daughter. So when we make eggs in the morning I made egg whites and they get regular scrambled eggs. Aren't they lucky...
You guys look really happy together :)
And, he's hot! :)
My husband eats everything under the sun and then some and doesn't gain.. Drives me nuts.. You guys are to cute!
he sounds great and yall are too cute together!
Awww, how cute are you two. I hope 20 years from now you are still righting such sweet things about your man.
Hahaha. Kellen. You saying you're not sure how to do his personality justice just cracked me up. It reminded me of the time at Red Robin when he asked the waitress for "the usual" (after her funny look he had to explain what he wanted). Corey asked him if the lady knows him or what "the usual" was. He said "Psh No! I've never seen her before in my life!!" Oh Kellen. Hahaha. He's a crackup, that one! Miss you guys!
HAHA! O my goodness Amber thank you for reminding me of that story. I should have included that in my post- perfect example of his personality!
You two look so happy together!!
Awesome post- he's a keeper for sure :)
Awww you guys are seriously SO cute- glad I got to know more about you two! :)
Oooh... I am going to have to get that little question box! Great post! Fun questions. Fun answers. :)
you two are precious together!!!
Post a Comment