Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm Pregnant!!-April Fools!

April fools :)

hehe. I really wanted to say that on FB but there are WAY to many people who would freak out on me!

Anyway, it's that time of the month again...(no not THAT time)...it's time to review my month and talk about this new month's goals!

March was exciting! I think the theme of this month was "something new"- I really did try a TON of new recipes, products, and ways to prepare things!

I started off my month by trying out turkey burgers, which turned out really yummy. After that, Kellen and I splurged on some homemade fondue and went into quite an enjoyable cheese coma. Then I attempted to tackle my first spaghetti squash- it was a stubborn little bugger! I also got to explore the world of oatmeal and even found a recipe that suits my tastebuds- overnight oats.

As far as exercise went, the whole first half of my month I was focused on my race on the 14th- the St. Patty's Day Dash. I came, I rocked. It was fun! And yes, my race addiction has begun. I found a running buddy and registered for my next race. I also got to take the chance to reflect on my running journey for the last couple of months.

I had made a goal to beat my February miles by 5 in March. Well I'm happy to report..I beat my February miles by 10!! With the same amount of workouts. Strange huh??!

All in all, it was a great month! I really had a blast this month and am starting to get used to these sporadic days of sunshine and using them to their full potential!

April will bring new and exciting aspects to this journey as the SUN starts to show through a little more and more fruits and veggies hit the stands!

My goals for April:

-Make it to 35lbs lost (only 3.5 more- so a reasonable goal!)
-Build up my running to 5 miles
-Finish off my aspartame products and discontinue buying them**
-Get outside as much as possible
-Beat my March miles by 5

**Now I really considered putting this decision in a whole post by itself and I probably still will. But I'm not quite promising anything. It's just something I have decided to do for myself as I get closer to my goal weight.

I hope this month brings new levels to each of our journeys. Remember, we can ALL do this, just take it one day at a time!

I will leave you with a sneak peek of what I did for my first day of April:

More pics to come :)

12 comments:

Patti said...

It's funny you mention aspartame....I have been feeling the EXACT same way! I feel like I get headaches whenever I eat gum, diet soda, etc. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :)

Melissa said...

I love that pic!! :)

Alexia said...

That preggers thing made my heart skip a beat!

Continuous Changes said...

Haha...you are sooo cute!!

You had a good month and I am excited to see how April treats you :)

Melissa said...

You got me. I couldn't wait to read all about you being pregnant. Oh well, I will have to enjoy my other pregnant blogger's posts. Congrats on such a fabulous month. You are doing great!

Sunshine Mama said...

Yah, you had me going for half a second. Funny. I did a joke like that once, but I can't use that one any more. LOL!

That looks like a beautiful place to hike!

Lucy said...

You had me! I thought "wow-another one."

You've done so well-there is NO stopping you :)

Here's to a great April!

Sarah said...

What a great month you had!!! Can't wait to see how April goes for you!

Tiff said...

Those are some great goals miss. It's been so great to see how your running has taken off and improved!

p.s. My eyes got HUGE when I saw that title...you definitely "fooled" me :)

Tonyne said...

I am so behind on my reading! Great goals for April, you will rock it! :)

Kyle said...

I gave you for an award. I hope you'll accept it! Thanks for your continued blogging.

Candace said...

You got me! Good luck with the goals-you'll reach them all~