Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

A fish out of water?!?


Last night I went swimming at my local community pool for the first time. It was lap swimming. When I headed out I thought to myself...well this will be fun! I used to LOVE swimming as a kid! It will be easy!!

WRONG.

OMG! Have you ever tried swimming laps before? It is definitely an ALL body workout...to say the least. I think I only made it through about 10 or so laps before I decided to call it quits.

However, I DO want to do it again sometime. Maybe not at this pool, because it's super small and 5 people were sharing one lane! (I know, it was awkward and we were all squished).

No pictures today as I have been LACKING on my picture taking. Better get to it ASAP!!

8 comments:

Tricia said...

Yes, swimming is an AWESOME workout!

And its funny you say that about healthy living being and "obsession". I just had that discussion with my dad and mom. They were teasing me about focusing on strength training, asking if I now wanted to be a body builder. They said, "when you wanted to lose weight you lost 120 pounds in a year. When you wanted to start running, you trained for a marathon. Now you want to lift weight, are you going to be a body builder?"

They went on to say they thought I was a bit obsessed with being healthy. Ummmm.... and thats a bad thing? :)

I told them I'm not obsessed, just focused. Thanks for the sweet comment girl. And since we can't be friends in real life (unless you'd like to visit south florida), then we'll just have to be bloggy buddies. :) Shoot me an email sometime.

enduranceisntonlyphysical@gmail.com

Secretia said...

Swimming is a real all-body workout.
Walking and jogging are great workouts too.

Secretia

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I can only imagine how hard swimming is! I'm more of the laying out, on my pool float kinda girl :)

BEE said...

i love swimming
but im not so good on the laps either lol

Lucy said...

I remember the first time I tried lap swimming -LOL! I thought the same thing-"I love swimming, this is going to be fun." And, like you, I was WRONG! It was hard! You did better than me though, I don't think I made it past 4 laps!

anotherFATgirl said...

i used to play waterpolo.. and i would get super tired even THEN..and now..well GEE..one lap and i'm done for!
p.s. thanks for the BMI information! i know what it stands for but i didn't really know what it meant! THANK YA THANK YA! :)

anotherFATgirl said...

i mean BMR.. :)

Kara said...

I considered going to the local rec centre to do laps after work but realized it would probably kick my ass right now. But good on you! Oh and I think I will buy that dress. ;)