Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tag! You're it!

So how many of you have have ever been "tagged" in a facebook photo??

How many of you have cringed at that picture??! I'm guessing a lot! I know I have. Out of all the photos on facebook that have been "tagged" of me, I rarely see one that I'd like to "write home about." Usually the process goes like this:

You see in your email that so and so has tagged you. You hurriedly rush over to facebook to see the picture. You cringe a little bit and quickly untag yourself, but the damage is already done. You know all your friends have seen the picture. And beside, even if your not tagged, the picture is STILL up on facebook for all the world to see.

Here are a few pictures that would describe this series of events for you...my all time worse "tagged" photos!

Here I am at my friends wedding about 1 1/2 years ago. (I'm on the left with the open mouth) (PS- why do cute girls always look ADORABLE in "silly" pictures and I always look like a freak?!)
This one was taken last summer. Me on right. And this one's the kicker for me. This is me at a parade last May in my town. They had a 5k run that morning that I thought about doing. And by thought, I mean "huh...that would be nice...where's my breakfast!?" haha.
Well all I have to say is NO MORE, blogger friends, NO MORE! Today I experienced a FACEBOOK REVELATION--it went a little something like this:

I logged onto my email. "Laura has tagged you in a picture" I read. I rushed to FB. I opened it....and guess what I thought?!

WOW, I AM SKINNY!

And just because I like to celebrate myself and I know you all are the supportive bunch...here it is!

(That's me on the left boogying down) (teal shirt)(photo taken on last Friday night)
Yes, i have a slight double chin. Yes, I have a few visible fat rolls. But DARN IT, I LOOK GOOD!

Ok, I'm off my bragging box. Just thought I would share a little moment that made me happy. And let's be honest, how many people really ever feel that way when they are "tagged"???

12 comments:

BEE said...

wow there is a big difference
thats awesome
you should be so proud of yourself

kimert said...

Girl! You are so crazy!! Your "tagged" pics are all good!!! The last one, YES you look DARN GOOD! Be proud and keep up the hard work. :)

anotherFATgirl said...

girl, i know exactly how you feel! i'm an expert UN-tagger..
I'm glad to hear you are feeling so GREAT about yourself because you look GREAT! i can definately see the difference!
And not only do you look like you are having a good time "boogying down", dancing is a GREAT FUN exercise :)
<3alex.

Tiff said...

CELEBRATE AWAY! I can definitely see a difference!

Isn't it funny the way we feel so bad about pictures and don't want people to see them yet people see the way we really look everday in real life? Oh my. Can't wait till there won't be any way a bad pic will be able to be taken!

Laura said...

Girl, you look AWESOME!

Melissa said...

you are so funny! and you do look cute in your silly pics! But you look great!!! :) :)

FatGirlInAWeddingDress said...

Oh my goodness, that is exactly what I do! I get in such a panic when I see that I have been tagged in something and I haven't seen the picture yet! Then I get even more nervous thinking about who all will still see the picture even if I have untagged it. I cannot WAIT until I don't deal with that anymore!!

PS - You should be so proud of that pic, you look awesome!

Respectfully Yours said...

Wow, funny post and so true. You are right, cute girls always look amazing and they really love to take pictures of themselves. "Happy pose"...give me a break. If you have time, pop over and read my post about my own self- image...you look amazing, always smiling in each pic...that speaks volumes. Not to worry.

http://wwwhiwit.blogspot.com/2009/10/me-flaws-and-all.html

Tracy said...

My mom is the worst offender with this! Some days I regret telling her about Facebook. She keeps tagging me!

YOU look good, though. =)

FollowMeDown30 said...

Me too-but luckily I am usually behind the camera. Also one of my motivators is to get out from behind it and have more pictures taken of me I like and don't delete. I don't want my kids wondering where mommy was their entire childhoods.

Athena's Melting said...

You do look good! Woot!

Losingthe40 said...

AGH! I LOVE YOU GUYS. no seriously, I really do! :)