Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life Eating

random: Can I just say that even more amusing than a funny movie (think Chris Farley) is watching my husband watch it?! He is literally cracking up right now. So funny!

This weekend has been pretty decent so far!

Kellen and I headed to Chinese food for dinner on friday night. This is the first time I had had this since starting to eat healthy. I ordered the broccoli and chicken and made sure to only eat until I was full. I felt I did well (other than a bit of a cheat on a not so healthy egg roll! I couldn't resist!)

Yesterday was just weird eating wise, as it always seems to be on saturday since there is just no way on knowing what we will be doing/eating. We ended up eating at home for breakfast, then having a late lunch/dinner at Central Market.

You may not have ever heard of Central Market because I think it's actually a one in only in my area (I think there may be one in Texas but it is not related). Anyway, this store is AMAZING! I love it! It's like a giant organic/health food store with a hot food bar, salad bar, coffee, homemade pizza, etc. They have tables set up inside so you can buy your food and eat there.

Needless to say, they had some KILLER Indian food in the hot bar yesterday and I couldn't resist. I have absolutely NO idea how much Indian food is in calories, so I REALLY tried to watch my portions. I am proud of myself because this is life eating...sometimes you just won't know the calorie count!

That night we headed to our friend's house to play Settler's of Catan and hang out. I picked up some Pop Chips to eat as a snack there. This is not an official review of the product...but I really didn't like them! They were kinda airy and almost rice cake tasting. I feel like there are better replacements for regular potato chips!

We checked out their wedding pictures at their house last night (they got married in July this last summer). I kind of cringed when I saw some of the pictures....they will definitely serve as great "before" pics when I feel that I am at that point to show you all. For now I will just show you one that I am semi-unhappy with:

This is taken with the grooms sister, another of my good friends:
I wanted to share something that made me really happy yesterday! I was at home with my workout gear on ready to go running...and my hubby said "WOW! You look skinny!" This may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but Kellen is not always the best on noticing my efforts to transform my body and to finally have him say something felt pretty darn good!

No comments: