Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What's holding you back?

This morning I have a confession to make. It may be holding me back and it may be hindering my weight loss progress- so it's time to confess.
I don't measure my tablespoons!!
*please disregard me in my bathrobe here...
THERE! I did it. I Confessed. I really have no idea why I am having a hard time letting go of this. I am telling you now, the problem is mostly with peanut butter (which I eat quite a lot of). How many EXTRA calories have I consumed because I continue to deny this one important step?!!?

Luckily, I am taking steps forward. Last week I purchased a food journal to record what I'm eating. I was previously using sparkpeople, but found it hard because I couldn't be at a computer 24/7. I just carry this around in my purse and record the food right when I'm eating it!
Using this journal, I'm going to try and crack down on this measuring problem. I certainly don't want to have "1 tablespoon of PB" written down when it was actually 2 1/2!!

With every thing I need to work on, I like to point out something I do well too.
I've been having fun pre-portioning things. Although I have problems with tablespoon measuring, I still like to pre make food for the week and divide it into small portions for grab n' go!

Here's a pic of my pre-portioned hummus and brown rice:
Another kudo to me is that I am trying to be blantantly honest in this journal. So far, I have written down ALL calories (even guessing at my TWO sweet and junk food splurges this weekend). I am hoping to look back and see trends in my eating, and then use this information to change for good.That day was a bad one! (P.S.- taco bell diet- SO not worth it!)
(also I probably underestimated my calories for some of the unknowns...don't judge people!)

I am working through this tablespoon problem and hope to conquer it ASAP.

What little faux pas might be holding you back??



11 comments:

BEE said...

not counting the little crumbs of wheat thins lmao
thats my down fall lol

you are so funny
ilove your blog
first pic is great

your doing amazing i dont think anyone can be upset with that one little downfall we all do it at some point in some way

Tiff said...

Ahhh I'm afraid that we suffer from the same laziness disease of not measuring our tablespoons! I have the best of intentions but I guess I just think that I can eyeball it and I don't like to mix the ingredients on the tablespoon measurer- oh that is just sad. hahaha

FollowMeDown30 said...

I am pretty good at measuring. My problem is planning. If my day isn't planned I fall right off the boat. Every. Single. Time.

Melissa said...

LOL! You are too funny. My problem is definitely with the calories right now. I'm rocking with the workouts, but I am still finding it hard to go figure out how many calories are in everything I eat (because almost all of it is homemade, so I can't just look on the pacakge). :)

Tricia said...

Love all your preportioned goodies. And you are just too cute girl!

BEE said...

oh thanks for saying i look great
i am not at my goal yet but thanks so much :)

i get my whey protien at wegmans

ill get a pic of it for you and post it tomorrow

because you definately arent the first to ask me today
so i guess i need a pic of it cuz i cnat rememeber what its called and i dont have it with me right now
but i will tell you i tak eit at 7am and i dotn eat lunch till 1pm and i am never hunger
i wish i could only survive on it cuz it would be all i would drink lol

the most important part is it has 25 g of protien
thats what your looking ofr and less cals the better

Melissa said...

I don't measure either!!!!!

it is TERRIBLE! I admit it!!!!

You, me & Tiff (and whoever else) should start a support group!

Also, i have the hardest time tracking food on sparkpeople. not their fault, mine (b/c i am at a computer all day! at work!) maybe i'll get a journal too!

P.S. you are too cute! love that pic of you at the top!

kimert said...

I cannot eat PB at all. It wouldn't matter if I measured it. I gain just looking at the jar! LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog. And seriously, don't stress over those 12 min miles. There are some days I am running 12 min miles! The thing is to just keep going and don't give up! You can do it, girl. :)

Foodie Girl said...

I don't measure my peanut butter either. Why? Because I may not get all of it out of that dang measuring spoon! So I just use a regular spoon. And I may have put a little bit more on by accident. You believe me, right? lol...

Melissa said...

It's great that you are aware of your short comings because then you can fix them. :-) I use a food journal too because I don't have time to log in to a computer all day and journal what I eat. I love the food journal and it's always in my purse so I always have it. You are doing so good!! I love the portion control preparation for the week.. I think I will start doing that. Thanks for the idea!

CMK said...

My downfall is not counting the little bites I have while making meals for my son. Re the french fries too hot? Is the taco meat too spicy? are the animal crackers stale? I probably don't *have* to eat it, but I have this notion that the little tastes don't count. But it does add up, doesn't it?