Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm annoyed!

Ok guys, just a warning... This is a serious ranting post.

I am so done with people making rude comments about healthy eating. It started with comments from my husband. Everytime I would pull out a product that he isn't used too (think something like egg whites in a carton for an example). He just will continue to say things like "ew" whenever I cook with that product. He'd gotten a lot better lately, but that is just a start to my annoyance.

Then comes the judging from friends and family. I brought squash to thanksgiving, and both my cousin and uncle made a comment along the lines of "ew, healthy food...." when we were done with our meal, my uncle so lovingly pointed out that everyone had squash leftover on their plate. How sweet, huh?

Last night was a bit of a final straw. I had just gotten in the mail my HG "200 under 200" book. I called my (skinny) friend and told her about it, and asked her if she would want to cook one of the recipes with me. She seemed excited and we decided to do it at her house. When I got there, I started reading the ingredients- which included splenda. She then said "oh no not splenda!! Can't we use sugar??!" NO! We can't use sugar! That changes the calories ompletley! Don't you get that this is "200 under 200" for a reason!!

Grr. Well anyway, we made the brownies (with splenda) and then her husband comes in and starts ranting about splenda too!! Then when the brownies are done, I warn them: "ok guys, remember, these are low fat and aren't going to taste exactly like normal brownies!" but NO I have to still get ugly faces and "it tastes weird" comments. Well, grrrrrr... It tastes pretty darn good for 130 calories to me!!!

I am just so done with people being judgmental of healthier, lower calorie choices. Needless to say, I am going to be cooking the rest of those recipes by myself. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments: