I tried a lot of new recipes/foods this week and am pretty happy to report some winners. First of all, I was inspired by another blogger to try a hummus veggie burger. So yummy! Hummus is a really easy food to make and I usually make a bunch for the week and pre-portion it into 2 tablespoon amounts (I got some handy baby tupperware from the dollar store for this!). I have also been eating it with carrots, which is super tasty and a great way to get a serving of veggies in!
I also tried a Green Giant "Broccoli and Cheese Sauce" tray this week. It was also super yummy. I have to admit to sort of a dieters dumb mistake though: I saw the front said "only 60 calories!" so i got super excited. I forgot to take into account the tiny letters that said "per serving" underneath. Oh well, the whole tray is still
One other thing that I picked up this week is some good dark chocolate. I am defintely an advocate of NOT depriving oneself of anything when choosing to eat healthy. For me, if I say I am not going to eat something, I end up binging on it a couple days later because I feel deprived. Instead, I am choosing lower calories options for whatever it is I am craving, and also making sure my portions are in control!
So in order to curb my chocolate craving this week, I picked up some Hersheys dark cocoa chocolate. These individually wrapped chocolate squares are really good and you can eat three a day for 140 calories. They defintely curbed my chocolate craving!
I did go to my cousins house last night which was fun, the only thing is, my cousin is kind of a "party animal" and is always kind of pushing drinks that she has invented into my, and her other guests, hands. You can't really get away from drinking there. So I'm hoping that didn't set me back too bad. I have to admit that wasting my calories on alcohol is quite frustrating...i would much rather have something chocolate-ey or crunchy and salty!
No comments:
Post a Comment