
I have to admit that I have been WAITING for the day that I could write this post. Please do not take this as "bragging"-if anything I want this post to be an encouragement to you all that you CAN do this and that people WILL notice and it feels wonderful.
The comments began about two weeks ago. It started with people who already knew that I was working on losing weight....my mom, my grandma, my dad. I was super happy that they were noticing, but I also just thought to myself that they were trying to be "secretly" encouraging and that they really couldn't tell too much.
Then my husband started his comments this last weekend. He even said something along the lines of "WOW, it's amazing how much you can change in just two months!!" This made me uberly happy.
Then this weekend, I went to a service at church that I hadn't been to in a while! I saw my sister in law there and she said to me: "You look like you have lost a TON of weight!" (she's 15 so not the most careful with her words haha). Anyway, I didn't care, it made me really happy. I told Kellen what she said and he asked me what I said back, which was "Oh yeah, I've lost a bit." At this he said "Nicole, a bit?! You need to be proud and tell everyone you have lost almost 20 pounds!!"
:)
Then today. After trying on some more pants that were in the back of my drawer I found (3 more pairs that fit!) I met up with one of my best buds at starbucks. The first thing she said (even though she sees me like every other day) is "OK, you look visibly skinnier today. Like really!"
I don't know what it is, but it's almost like within the last week my body must have gone through some transformation as everyone seems to be noticing all of the sudden....I have to admit...it feels pretty darn good!
You can ALL do this!! I am so proud of all my blogger friends that are working hard. You are all such great inspirations!
13 comments:
BRAG IT UP GIRL!!! Congrats! That is an incredible feeling :)
YEAH! I'm so happy for you. Hearing things like that can really keep you motivated and help move you closer to your goals. Keep up the good work!
Woohoo!!! Good job!! I am so happy for you! I love that people are noticing and it makes you feel good!! Doesn't that just make you more motivated? :)
SO exciting! Congrats!
YEAH! Congrats!
Today was my first day back at school and no one said anything about my (loss of weight!)
Soon. . . I HOPE!
Julia
http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com
Congratulations! That's the best feeling - when people notice all your hard work and tell you about it!
Your husband is right... it IS a big deal!! I bet you are feeling good! And nothing wrong with bragging when you have worked so hard to lose those 18 pounds!!
Yayyyy fun comments!!! I had a few when I went home for Christmas, but no one where I live now has said anything. Not my housemates, not my coworkers... sigh. But then again, 20 pounds on you and 20 pounds on my are completely different things. =) Congrats!!!
Congrats! I stumbled upon your blog by chance, but it's really inspiring. Keep up the good work!
That's awesome! Congratulations. I can't wait for the day!
oh i loved it to when people started to notice the greatest was my mother in law who hates me lol she got me a 2x for christmas and then said when i opened it
i know i know it isnt goint to fit you anymore ill by you a smaller size i bout this a couple months ago lol
it was the best feeling because she had never even aknoweldged the fact that i lost 80 pounds yet lol
its great i am soooo happy for you eat it up while all the compliments come in i know i did
That is so awesome! Go girl!!! It is exciting when people notice!! First my boss & then my hubby - ready for more ppl to notice! :) :) Haha! Good job!
Awww! I am soooooooo soooooooo happy for you! Wow- what an amazing feeling that is and guess what, it's not going to stop- just keep goin!
Post a Comment