Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Query


1. How do you cook baby bok choy? I saw some at the farmers market but didn't buy it because I didn't know what to do with it!

2. What do you do with Kale? Same circumstance.

3. Have you ever had a dog that wouldn't "come" to you for anything-(treats, praise, toys, etc). I spent 1/2 an hour at the dog park this morning trying to corner her!

4. What is your favorite healthy cereal?

5. Do your arms ever feel sore after running?

6. Do you buy organic produce?

7. What is your favorite seasoning for BBQing?

Feel free to answer all or one or none of these questions. They just came off the top of my head- totally random.

Oh and by the way:

Husky for sale. Does not know how to come. Will eat your pizza off the counter. Thinks your shoes are chewy toys. Will howl at you if you don't run her every day.

Make an offer. :)

17 comments:

Melissa said...

I have a feeling i'm going to be NO help whatsoever, but i'm always a sucker for these questionaire thingies. Even if it's one you made up.

1. I have never had it! I have no idea!

2. I have never had this either but they had it at Farmer's Market. I have no clue what to do w/ it. I'm going to ask my vegetarian friend b/c i think she eats a lot of it.

3. Yes - Fievel can be like that at times. But he pretty much KNOWS the word STAY. So if he stays, i can grab him. But he's only 12 pounds. :) I"m not sure about your baby... Sorry. :(

4. MMMM. I haven't had cereal in awhile. I used to love Blueberry Morning, Special K w/ Strawberries & Honey & Oat Blunders. But i hadn't changed my lifestyle yet so idk how they are on calories. The Blenders actually aren't that bad & the others are supposedly healthy cereal so they should be better!

6. Sometimes. Walmart sucks at produce. So occasionally i go to Whole Foods & get stuff i need there. But not often. Now that i have been introduced to Farmer's Market, i will go there more often. But sometimes Walmart's produce is organic & i do get those (like their cherry tomatoes).

I skipped around! HAHA.
I love that pic of Chloe! I'm sorry she's giving you troubles!

LaurenD said...

organic celery and carrots are awesome, I find they even taste better!!

Mrs. S. said...

I am guessing doggie felt you were playing a game of "chase." I bet if you ignored her she would come. Or gave another puppy lovin'.

I have heard of people roasting kale into chips. I've never done it though.

Alexia said...

1.) You just steam it: with salt and maybe some garlic and other seasonings. Some people add soysauce.

3.) My cats are the cockiest creatures on earth and won't come to me unless they want something.

(5.) I don't run and am afraid to. People might laugh.

(6.) Sometimes I buy organic. But not always.

XO!

Lindsay said...

We had a big problem getting Dexter to "come" at first. Here's what worked/works for us:

Freeze Dried Liver treats - they smeel so gross, but Dexter LOOOOOOVES them and he ONLY gets them when he comes or does something REALLY amazing. These are his "good", he rarely gets them and he LOVES them, so will do just about anything for them, including come.. most of the time.

Also, at the dog park, if he doesn't come to us, we get his attention and then run in the opposite direction, he thinks it's a game of chase and as soon as he catches us, we grab him. Haha

Good luck! :)

liveLAUGHsing. said...

you dog was just tryin to help you out with some exercise! :)

Tonyne said...

1. How do you cook baby bok choy? Cut them in half, grill them and pour on a little soy and siracha

2. What do you do with Kale?
Roast them in the oven and make kale chips.


4. What is your favorite healthy cereal?
Is there such a thing? It all seems too high in calories for me and I always eat too much. Although my favorite is raisin bran.

5. Do your arms ever feel sore after running?
Yes!

6. Do you buy organic produce?
Not usually, don't have a good selection where I live and it's always WAY more than I can afford.

7. What is your favorite seasoning for BBQing?
Lemon Pepper (esp. on Chicken!)

Larissa Y. said...

1. I just used bok choy in an awesome soup not a few weeks ago. An Asian soup with chinese cabbage (napa cabbage), bok choy and other random veggies like bean sprouts. But that's just one idea. Takes forever to make but it's delicious! http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/2008/04/weight-watchers-asian-zero-points-soup.html

4. I'm sure you'll get this a lot but I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Just eating one serving of it takes me like 20 minutes so I feel really full for a long time after it. And it's delicious and the crunch is awesome.

Those were my two answers. Good luck with the other questions! :)

Patti said...

Don't have ALL the answers but these are the ones I do:
4) Favorite healthy cereal hands down: Kashi Toasted Berry Crumble....DELISH!!! And often on sale at Target!
6) I try to buy organic produce of anything that we eat the skin of...and bananas too just because they are so cheap at Costco!
7) Favorite BBQ seasoning: Montreal Steak seasoning...it will change your life!!!!!!!! We use it on ribs, burgers, steak, etc. Also available at Costco.

Amber said...

I don't have a clue about the veggies you saw at the Farmer's Market, so I can't be of any help there...

BUT...

My favorite cereal is the Multi-Grain Cheerios (does that count as "healthy?")...

I occasionally buy organic produce, but one time I bought organic strawberries and there was a WORM in one of them!! That's kept me from buying them for a while now...

My favorite seasoning is this rub stuff they only have at Tacoma Boys. I don't remember the name, but it's in a little silver tin and it sits on top of the kiosk where the meat is. I know that helps you NONE since Tacoma Boys is all the way down here, but if you venture down this way sometime soon...it's pretty amazing. It's locally made too, which is great!

Hahaha. You are such a weirdo! I just got done looking at your comments on the pictures. :) Silly Nikki...I think we should bust out our old "demo reel" sometime and re-watch those movies!

divad said...

I LOVE baby bok choy. I chop it up, add mushrooms and some red onions and throw it in the frying pan, that has been sprayed with cooking spray. I add a bit of chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame seeds. It takes about 4-7 minutes until it's wilted and soft. I fill my plate with the goodness and add some grilled slice meat on top.

Anonymous said...

Bok choy in any kind of stir fry, also sauteed with lotsa garlic and oil. Can do that with kale, too. Kale is good in any kind of soup. Like the idea of kale "chips."

Anonymous said...

will post my answers to your query on my blog, good luck with the husky.

Tricia said...

I noticed a HUGE improvement in arm flab when I started running :)

Anonymous said...

1) You can saute it or I make soup..cut it up and put in with carrots,etc and then add 3 potstickers for a few minutes. Super yummy,filling and low!

2)wash it, take stem off and you can put it in salads, or saute, pretty much same as spinach just a bit more bitter....

3)we were taught in puppy class to have tiny really good treats ex:hot dog bits and only reward when they come. Can play game with you and hubby...one person hide upstairs while other keeps dog downstairs. call from upstairs and when your dog finds you make a super happy deal of it and treat it. It's learning to come. Keep hiding around the house in diffrent places!

4)I'm a nerd...I like wheatabix or shredded wheat ;)

5)Hmm...nope...don't run!

6)I try to buy leafy greens and thin skinned veggies (top 12 list) organic but sometimes I can't get them where I live so I do what I can.

7)Kraft light feta and oregano dressing. It marinades seafood and veggies/ especially port. mush. so good on the BBQ!

Have a great day!

Missy said...

I don't have an answer to any of your questions and I don't want to buy your dog - but she sure is cute!!!

imelda@etchetera etchetera said...

BOk choy- you boil some water, dunk them for 1 min, pull them out and put them in an ice bath... then stir fry some garlic, put some oyster sauce or soy sauce and then put the bok choy in for a quick stir fry... (this will retain the color and crunchy texture)--- serve. (you can add some beef, or other meats before the bok choy for variation)-- ex- bok choy w/ beef, bok chop with chicken....