Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Weigh In Week 24: Dancin' my Dinner Off

Well friends, not sure if you remember that my exact words last week were "Seriously, 2.5lbs- you are going DOWN!" Well guess what? I kicked those 2.5 to the curb- that's right. I am down
34lbs total! Wooohooo!

Unfortunately, I didn't join a new weight decade. I am right on the line! But you know what? That's ok. I know that this week I will enter into territory that I literally NEVER remember seeing. And I am SO excited to do so. I have 6lbs until my first goal- losing a total of 40lbs.

This week I really just re-focused. I tracked my food again and tried to work out as much as possible. Despite the weekend (which is always the hardest two days for me) I think I did pretty great.

Speaking of the weekend, on Saturday my lovely mom and grandma came to visit me! We had plans to have lunch at a teahouse nearby but switched last minute and ended up going to a paella bar that just opened up.

Paella is a Spanish food. At the Paella bar, you order lots of different "appetizer" size plates and split these between the table. It was so yummy! And event though there was a lot of food available, I didn't feel like I stuffed myself (even with dessert!). Here are some pics of the food we ordered:

We started out with drinks. This is the white sangria and on the side you can see the coca bread. The drink was so fruity and delicious, and the bread was super moist and served with oil and balsamic vinegar.
Next up was the goat cheese stuffed dates wrapped in bacon and beef empanadas. Can you believe I've never had a date before this? This little bacon wrapped thing was heavenly!
We sorta dived into this next one before I got a chance to take a pic....this is the Potato Tortilla with Chorizo and Spinach. Very tasty!
And of course the main attraction: Chicken Paella! So moist and delicious, this dish was worth the wait!
So, after all of that....you'd think we wouldn't have room for dessert huh? Yeah, right!
Chocolate Torte with Gray Salt:
Tirimisu:
I think we had died and gone to food heaven:
Can you tell we liked it??!

So now you are wondering what in fact I may have done to burn off all those calories?!

Well....I danced!

That's right, Saturday night my friends and I got our boogy on at a nightclub in our area. I was sweatin' it up! Let me tell, that was a great aerobic workout! When I looked up how many calories I may have burned online, it says that for 30 minutes of dancing a person my size would burn about 200 calories. I am thinking I did a bit more than that.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. Great food and some fun exercise!

This week I am hoping to lose another two, which would put me at only 4lbs away from goal. That honestly sounds unbelievable to me- 4lbs!!

I can do this!--And so can you! Have a great week guys!

15 comments:

LaurenD said...

wow congratulations, you are doing awesome!!! a definite inspiration!

Tonyne said...

Love that last picture! I also love Tapas places! I think the concept is perfect. I would love to open one one day. :)

You are doing so well!! Keep it up! You are a rock star!!

Mrs. S. said...

Woot!!

Jessica - cbgblog said...

That is an awesome loss. WAY TO GO. Glad you had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! Great job. :)

Melissa said...

You are too cute! Congrats! :)

kimert said...

Great loss!!
That food all looks so yummy!!

Jen said...

Way to go. Very inspirational... and your pics made me very hungry. I drank some water instead of eating though.

BTW: Check out my blog for a giveaway. It is Day 1 of the Five Days of Giveaways.

Laura said...

You rock!!!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I love reading your posts girl! They always make my belly growl haha! The food looks amazing... and so do you! CONGRATS on 2.5 more lbs!!!! WAHHOOO!

Rad Runner said...

Congrats! what a fun time you must have had! Remember danceing all around the house and screaming awesome songs from the top of your lungs is really fun too :)

financecupcake said...

That is such a cute picture of you!

I think those food pics qualify as food porn. Yummmmmmm

Great job on the big loss! 2.5 is amazing! You're working this weight loss and healthy lifestyle!

DreamTNM said...

Congrats on the weightloss! (new follower :)

Kyle said...

Wow...that meal looked awesome! If you are going to eat, make it some good food...congrats on the scale victory too! Choo-choo...the weight loss train is right on schedule!

Nicole said...

Way to go Nicole!! Woot woo. I wish I could lose 3.5 pds in a month, lol. Great job sweetie. Keep up the great work and if you don't lose 2 pds this week, don't get discouraged. You will do it!!
Great job, so proud of you. :)