Today my FB status sums up what I am feeling:
How come when life throws you lemons, it's always a whole tree full? I guess you can't make lemonade from just one. That's my theory at least.
Better said, I'm frustrated. Our computer broke down on Thursday night. This was our second computer in 6 months to go on the fritz. And then I had someone in my family "offer" to help with a computer to let us have so Kellen can finish out the quarter. When we got the said computer, I was then asked for us to compensate them! GRR. I mean if you say you want to help us out, at least be up front about the fact that you are wanting money for your help! And the frustrating thing is, we are already saving to buy a new computer anyway. Honestly, I am SO done with computer problems. I kind of want to go all "office space" on any computer I see right now and beat them with a baseball bat.
All this to say...unfortunately, my blogging will be lacking for the next couple of weeks. Expect pretty few pictures and posts will be somewhat sparse. I hate this so much because honestly, blogging is one of my favorite things to do- not to mention the accountability it provides.
So where is my lemonade in all this mess?
I lost .5lbs this week.
I'd love to tell you that I am so very proud of myself, but I have to be honest- I didn't deserve this. I really pigged out this weekend. We went down to visit and stay with my family this weekend, and that entailed a steak dinner or Friday, Red Robin on Saturday, and a Easter buffet on Sunday morning. Yes, you heard me right...that wretched word: buffet. (que horror music now).
The one thing I can say is that I did make a couple of good, solid, forward moving choices. I went hiking on Thursday....2 miles and 2,000 miles in elevation=one SORE booty. On Saturday I ordered a side salad at RR instead of fries. On Sunday I ran with my cousin across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
I guess a lot of bad choices and a few good ones equals .5 of a pound for me. Who knows!
Wishing you all a great week. Know I am reading your blogs, even if my comments are few and far between!
All this to say...unfortunately, my blogging will be lacking for the next couple of weeks. Expect pretty few pictures and posts will be somewhat sparse. I hate this so much because honestly, blogging is one of my favorite things to do- not to mention the accountability it provides.
So where is my lemonade in all this mess?
I lost .5lbs this week.
I'd love to tell you that I am so very proud of myself, but I have to be honest- I didn't deserve this. I really pigged out this weekend. We went down to visit and stay with my family this weekend, and that entailed a steak dinner or Friday, Red Robin on Saturday, and a Easter buffet on Sunday morning. Yes, you heard me right...that wretched word: buffet. (que horror music now).
The one thing I can say is that I did make a couple of good, solid, forward moving choices. I went hiking on Thursday....2 miles and 2,000 miles in elevation=one SORE booty. On Saturday I ordered a side salad at RR instead of fries. On Sunday I ran with my cousin across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
I guess a lot of bad choices and a few good ones equals .5 of a pound for me. Who knows!
Wishing you all a great week. Know I am reading your blogs, even if my comments are few and far between!
9 comments:
Way to see the bright side amidst everything! And to top it ALL off, the SUN is NOWHERE to be found which makes for great running conditions, right??!? :) Good job on losing half a pound and staying active this weekend. Hang in there with the computer problems.
I think the awesome (!) activity choices and your good eating over the long haul are what earned you that 1/2 pound loss - good for you!!!
Who knows! But that is awesome! Glad for your 1/2 pound! I think you DID deserve it b/c you ROCK! :)
Sorry about the computer!!! I hope all is well soon!
HUGS!
I love what you did for exercise - you LIVED!! Simple and fun stuff: how cool is that! I can totally see how the 1/2 pound went bye-bye.
Great going- (I feel you w/ the family member "offering" to help then asking for a lil' something AFTERWARDS!)
Oh, don't be so hard on youself Nikki. I meant to tell you Saturday...you look AWESOME! So good job! And maybe you should look into Apple instead of PC?? I went bazerk and said screw Windows and all things PC. Now I've got a wonderful Macbook Pro and I have had no problems with it. And it's amazing. Just a thought. I know they're more expensive, but you might be able to find a good deal on a refurb! Love ya lady!
I like your theory! It does seem like we get the whole tree. I hope life eases up for you soon. Life gets in the way sometimes, it's supposed to...that's what it does. Just don't panic, do what you can and you'll do fine. :)
Woah! Nice one not getting the fries at Red Robin (yumm). The bottomless thing is sooo tempting!
somethings better than nothing! keep it up girl!
Computer problems are SO frusterating! It's weird how the weeks that you don't feel like you deserve a loss, you get one and the weeks that you feel like you deserve a loss you don't see anything happen! Ah, such is life. Hope everything gets ironed out soon friend! :)
Post a Comment