
Guess what I did yesterday guys?
Walked 11 miles.
Not only that...but I walked 11 miles on the beach. Have any of you ever realized that walking on the beach works MUCH different muscles than walking on pavement or dirt?
Well...it does. And I can attest to that. I am SO sore today!
We walked on what is called a "spit"-dungeness spit to be exact! Out at the end of the spit there is a lighthouse and we took a tour. From the parking lot to the end is 5.5 miles. It felt like we were walking FOREVER! I think in total (with a tour of the lighthouse) the whole trip took close to 4.5 hours. WOW. That is a lot of walking. And a lot of unstable walking, using muscles that I normally never use! Let me tell you, it felt amazing when we reached the end and finally got to walk on solid ground!
Pictures to come once I get my new computer!
8 comments:
Congrats! 11 miles on sand is one tough workout. My overnight backpack had a lot of sand to contend with and with a 40 pound pack, it turned 21 miles in two days into quite an exhausting experience.
Getting out to a point of interest through hiking/walking, etc. can be very fulfilling. Much better than rolling up in the car or tour bus just to snap a few photos.
Great job!
Holy Moly-Ambitious much??? Haha-you are awesome, as usual~
That is awesome! :) And beach walking is most definitely different!
Just walking on the beach to find my spot for the day is a killer! Congratulations! What an accomplishment :) Take a long hot shower for those sore muscles. You totally deserve it. :)
That is awesome! I hope to do some beach walking as well when we go to the beach in a few days; I don't know about 11 miles though, lol.
DAAANNNNG. Keep it up and maybe you could walk yourself right on over to Pennsylvania to visit moi :)
Muy impressivo! Great job!
How fun! I'm totally jealous!!!
Post a Comment