Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

So Darn Hungry

The last three days have honestly been like a tornado of food for me. I am SO frustrated right now with the way I've been eating. I don't know why, but I've just been soooo hungry! I will finish a meal and then I just can't stop thinking about eating again.

The most frustrating part is that it is not even like I have "splurged" that much. It's just that I have been eating WAY to much of everything I'm having. I'm not feeling satisfied with my normal portions. Although I load up on protein, I am still feeling hungry just an hour to two hours later.

I know that I have gained because I weigh myself every day. I just hope that by Monday I can get back on track and figure out why I'm feeling like this.

I should all mention that, no, I am NOT pregnant, and yes, it IS that time of the month. So yes, I know that has a lot to do with it. But it's still been strange because I feel like I just can't stay full no matter what I do!

I would love to have some happy news for you all soon. I feel like my blog has been a place to vent my frustrations for the last two weeks. Thanks for listening!

11 comments:

Patti said...

I feel like that at work a lot. I will pack a sandwich, an apple, carrots and Trader Joes Ranch (that you suggested.....AMAZING!!!!), some popcorn, etc. and I'm STILL hungry. It's worse around "that time of the month" too for sure. Try eating an apple, it's so full of fiber that allegedly it makes you feel full longer. Or drink tea?? Hang in there friend!!

Tonyne said...

I have weeks like that, it's like I'm a bottomless pit! You're ok though, you'll be back on top in no time! Eat lots of veggies! Filling and not so bad for you. Although, if you're like me that's not really what you want. :)

Christine said...

Me too....I CAN'T get full this week. I have been eating healthy food but just feeling hungry...I can't explain it.

On top of this a have not got a workout in since Monday because of vertigo...blah!!!

Lucy said...

Did you pick that title to get my attention!!HaHa!

You know that's what I'm all about! If you're hungry-well..can you guess what I'm going to say???? If you're hungry-EAT!! You're only going to run into trouble if you WAIT to eat until you can't wait anymore-then you're in trouble of overeating. BUT, if you eat as soon as you get hungry-you'll be fine. You're body is trying to tell you something by giving you these hunger signal.

You've been doing so well. You don't deprive yourself, you are not on some crazy restriction diet - so, my guess is once this "time" is over, you'll be back on track and feeling in control. For now-be kind to your body and EAT!!lol! (I bet you knew exactly what I was going to write!! - p.s: thanks for your comment on my "Gum: Are You Cussing Me" post.

You bloggers are the BEST!!!

Laura said...

What good is a journal of our journeys if we can not vent our frustrations along the way? :)

Vent when you need to. It's human. It's necessary.

Oh and I totally get like that for about a week and a half before my period. I'm seriously like a food vacuum. I don't even try to fight it or control it anymore. I hate it though.

Melissa said...

i'm the same way around my time of month. it sucks! hang in there, friend. :)

Mrs. S. said...

Girl-if I were pregnant every time I had a "Hungry Week" I'd have my own show on TLC!!!

But seriously-when I crave the sweet stuff usually a glass of milk will curb the craving. No idea why it works for me, but thankfully it does.

divad said...

It's weird how the body can be satisfied with a portion on week and need more another week. If it's your physical body that's truly hungry, I'd feed it with good, healthy food.

Sarah said...

I just went through that on Sunday. It was upsetting bc I knew I should not be eating as much as I was but nothing satisfied me.

Tiff said...

I was feeling like my blog was being a litte too downerish lately as well- but it's all good, this is about being real. Just think- if you're hungry, eat- and if you're gonna eat a lot of something let it be veggies or something else healthy. Hopefully after TOM passes you'll be just fine :)

Missy said...

Oh my - I totally know that feeling. About every three months during "that time" I can not get full. No matter how much I eat. I just go with it and trust that it'll pass when "that time" passes ;o)