Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

#2 and Stray Dogs

Today I have a very strange and kind of disgusting question to ask. But I've been wondering it for a while....

Before your weigh in, do you go #2? No seriously, I'm wondering. I'm not going to go into why I'm wondering this, but I really am curious! Any brave people out there want to answer this question??

Last night I tried to go on a run in my neighborhood again. FAIL. Last night was the LAST STRAW, I came home angry and furious and wanting to purchase a bb gun. Why you may ask? Stray dogs. Two of them just on a ten minute run last night. Honestly, i can't go running in my neighborhood without some stupid dog running up to Chloe (my pup) and I'm getting sick of it. People obviously do not know how to contain their dogs in this neighborhood. So I give up I guess. No more just put on my shoes and run out the door for me. Now Chloe and I have to hop in my car and go on a 15 minute ride just to go running. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Can you tell I'm a little peeved??!

PS- about the bb gun comment- I am a total animal lover so please don't take this seriously, I would only use it in dangerous circumstances.... :)

19 comments:

liveLAUGHsing. said...

hahaha. :) you crack me up! hmm..i don't go number 2 before I weigh myself.. because..well I can't.. i weigh myself in the morning when I wake up..& i never have to go then..it always hits me later! hahaha..but i'm sure it makes a teeeeeny difference..I suppose depending on the size of the baby you produce! (hahah too gross?)

Alexia said...

If I poop or pee soon after I weigh myself, I'll weigh myself again! Sometimes there is a difference!

Alexia said...

Maybe go running without Chloe? But I'm sure you're trying to kill two birds with some stone which is why you're taking her in the first place. Hmmm. Yep, that does suck.

Anonymous said...

I always weigh myself first thing in the morning after I go #1. I have always wondered if there would be a weight difference after going #2. Good to know I'm not the only one that thinks about this crazy stuff. LOL!

Jenn said...

Well, if duty (tee hee hee) calls then I do it. I don't stress out about the number on the scale so I don't require a #2 before weigh in.

Aggressive off leash dogs (and their owners if they have any) suck! My husband made me a weighted stick for just this type of situation.

Melissa said...

Well, if i have to poo in the morning - & sometimes i do - then i go ahead & poo before weighing! Actually, i always pee right when i wake up (& do #2 if i need to) & then strip & weigh & then jump in the shower. :)

If you wanna know my routine. HA!

I totally understand about the stupid dogs! AH! That only happened once in my neighborhood & it made me so mad!!! The dog wouldn't leave us alone! But idk whatever happened to that dog.

Mrs. S. said...

If I had a scale at my house I would weigh after going. I take two fiber one tabs every night to keep things-er….moving. So I always go first thing in the morning. TMI? Ah well you asked for it girlie!!

kimert said...

If I was near the scale after I "go" then I would weigh myself because I have always been curious. I do weigh myself first thing in the morning before and after I go pee.

Kyle said...

Certainly the morning routine includes #1 pre-weigh in. Today, managed a before #2 and after #2 weigh in as well since I hadn't had anything breakfast, tea, etc.

I won't tell you how much, but I will say...it made a DIFFERENCE.

Of course, yesterday was the first burger/fries since last November...yes...it had an impact.

Oh..find our your leash laws for your municipality. If you can get any identifying information on the lose dogs, I'd report them.

Sarah said...

I can't do #2 on command but if I could I sure would before I weigh in.

You have every right to be anger about the dog situation. You should be able to put your shoes on and run.

Laura said...

Nah... I just weigh myself consistently at the same time of the day on the same scale. :)

As for the dogs... I'm pretty sure here there is a law that dogs need to ALWAYS be on a leash (or fenced or whatever). I could be wrong because I am not a dog person so I don't need to know this stuff but it would be something to look in to and then you could always report it and get it taken care of so you don't have to drive to run... because that's no fun.

Miss Erika said...

I always wonder how that would affect my weigh-in, but as I generally weigh myself in the mornings and never have to do number dos then...I dunno. But I always have to pee before I weight in, and I know that makes a difference. But as this journey isn't about the number so much as the healthier lifestyle...I try not to think about it. : )

Patti said...

Bahahaha. Yes of COURSE I try to rid my body of anything that might potentially weigh me down!!!

You are awesome.

I am sorry about the dogs. I get really scared around off leash animals, especially when I had a dog of my own. Super frustrating!!!! Call animal control! They will give the dog owners a warning (if you know whose they are) or pick them up!

divad said...

My physician friend swears that we all have about 5 pounds of shit in our colon! I try and poop it out before every weigh in baby!

Melissa said...

Hahahaha! I always pee before I weigh myself in the morning, but that's usually all I do. I want to weigh myself before anything goes in (coffee, breakfast, or whatever), so I weigh myself right after I get up.

Whitney said...

hahah oh yes, I definitely do. And normally, it makes about 0.3-0.5 difference!! I'm not ashamed, I like the extra weight loss too much!!!

Seth said...

I do it and I believe it to make quite a difference. It makes sense to me too. I've done a pre weigh-in and a post weigh-in out of curiosity. If you're body is regular it's pretty easy to do.

darn dogs. Show authority to them - but don't get bitten.

financecupcake said...

Haha, fun question! I weigh myself as soon as I get up, and I'm not a morning pooper. By the time I go, I've eaten enough food to balance things out weight-wise.

Keelie said...

I always try to #2 before weighing and I do weigh first thing in the morning. I find that if I get up, immediately drink about 1 cup of ice cold water it shocks the crap out of my system, literally. It always makes a difference weight wise.

Infact, a couple of weeks ago I couldn't go so i went ahead and weighed and posted it to the blog. Shortly there after the water kicked in, of course, and I almost dropped another pound. Sick but true. However, I was too embarassed to go back on the blog and re=post the weigh in since I would have to tell the story I just told you.

LOL.