Following my post earlier I started thinking about how maybe my definition of "processed foods" is different than others. I did some research and found that that are really actually a lot of things "processed" that i still would eat! However, I did find a pretty good list to some up the kinds of foods I am avoiding:
Processed foods that may not be as healthy as fresh foods include:
- canned foods with lots of sodium
- white breads and pastas made with refined white flour, which are not as healthy as those made with whole grains
- packaged high-calorie snack foods, like chips and cheese snacks
- high-fat convenience foods, like cans of ravioli
- frozen fish sticks and frozen dinners
- packaged cakes and cookies
- boxed meal mixes
- sugary breakfast cereals
- processed meats
5 comments:
I think of processed foods as anything in the middle isles of the grocery store.
Hey there "Let Them Eat Lettuce" - just want to thank you for your comment on my "Gum? Are you Cussing me" post.
I think you are one of the few who have gotten this whole "diet" thing right. You, my friend, are one of the lucky ones! I, unfortunatly am not :( BUT that's o.k. AND, after 28 yrs of dieting (aka: 28 yrs of frustration, dissappointment, condemnation, etc) I'm done. That being said...
I am very happy where I am now. I wish I would have done this years ago.
Thanks again for reading & leaving a comment on my "anti-diet" blog - I love reading yours!!
Have a Super Great Friday Nicole! :)
Nicole... thanks for updating about what 'processed' foods mean. I was curious after reading your previous post.
Funny... after looking after your list I already limit or cut out most of those. Well look at me, I'm on my way to a 'no processed food plan.'
I didn't even know! *haha*
and YIPPEE for a new computer!!
I can't reply to your comments by email. Boo. So this has NOTHING at all to do with your post but with your comment to my post. :) Inside pics... I splurged a while back and bought a nice external flash. Spent $300 on it but it was a good purchase. It's sooo hard to get good pics of little ones on the move inside. I use the flash all the time... even though I know a ton of photographers are anti flash. I would have missed a lot of great memories if I chose to not flash ever. Anyways... I just bounce it off the ceiling and it looks way better than using direct flash from the on camera one.
I personally love eating real whole foods....eating clean is what I call it and found a book with the same name.
You will be amazed with the energy you will have and how good your body will feel. If you have had issues with these things before that is.
Post a Comment