Ello' Friends.
I'm going to get straight the point. This week's weigh in SUCKED. I gained .5lbs! I have actually never gained before during these last 5 months other than after Christmas. B
OO! Please don't tell me it's ok, it's fine, or any other excuse! The fact is: I blew it this week. I really took a lot of steps BACKWARD that just were not worth it!
You know what's frustrating? That even though I did take steps for
ward (exercising and such) I still would allow myself to throw that all out the window to overeat on unhealthy food-causing my steps forward to be ca
ncelled out (at least that's what it feels like!).
I don't know what's going on with me. I think that maybe because I weig
h less than I can ever even remember weighing right now, I have this new little demon in my head telling me I should just "maintain" here. The fact is- I'm not done. I have 8.5lbs left to
my first goal and 12.5lbs to a "healthy" bmi. Seriously, that seems like
nothing, but at this point it's getting harder and harder to kick these last couple of pounds.
This week I have one goal and vision: make it to my new wei
ght "decade." I am only 2.5lbs away from seeing a weight decade I can literally NEVER remember seeing! I want to attack those 2.5lbs with full force!
Seriously, 2.5lbs- you are going DOWN!
I will leave you with some pics of a "treat" that I have been consuming quite often:
The green nutella monster!!
-1 to 2 cups spinach
-1/2 banana
-1/2 Tbsp Nutella
-1/4 cup soy milk
-ice

Yum.
9 comments:
Hmm...you've left me with few commenting options...You suck! Was that what you really wanted to hear though?
Seriously though...I'm 42YO...I've been on this journey way to many times to even remotely brag about and this time...this time, I might (I MIGHT) have it licked. I've been very fortunate to not only execute well on the method, but to also make great steps to overhauling my teeny tiny brain to keep going and keep improving. I really wanted to get the weight off FAST...after all I've spent enough of my life unhealthy.
I'm not even sure where I'm going so I guess it doesn't matter how long it takes me to get there. I just don't want to go back.
So...perhaps that is your biggest concern...not that you didn't make forward progress, but you are afraid of going backward.
Near as I can tell from the time I've been following you...that doesn't seem likely. So...hang on for the ride...there is time...and you will get wherever it is you are headed...body, mind, and spirit.
Reality check! That's how I look at these types of weeks. Get your head back in the game and kick the 2.5 lbs to the curb! You can totally do it. Here's to an awesome week!
(That "smoothie" looks interesting. I haven't tried Nutella in fear of liking it tooo much. I had to ban the pb this week since I was overeating it at every turn :P)
Put on some Boxing Gloves and knock them out! Okay that was cheesy-but seriously you can do it girl.
All i can think is - "you're that close to a healthy bmi!? AWESOME!" So awesome! I can't wait to get there!
But yeah - pick yourself back up & make good decisions this week & you'll lose those pounds soon! =)
I've never had Nutella. Hmmm...
P.S. my word verification word thingie was "terds". Nice.
Oh, you'll lose it Nicole!!!
You are going to do this. I can feel the determination!!
Yep, you gained, and that sucks. It's great motivation though, especially coupled with your closeness to a new decade. KICK BUTT, girlfriend!
Mmm, Nutella...
I find myself getting complacent, too because I have lost 20+ pounds. That is when I remind myself that losing 20 pounds was not my goal! You sound like you recognize what happened to cause the gain and that you will be back on track. You can do this!
I think the last few pounds are always the hardest to lose. That's where my constant struggle is. It seems like I always have three to go haha. But good for you for being honest with yourself and catching the slips before they become a complete fall. Go kill those 2.5 pounds!!
Post a Comment