Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Visit with My Momma

I am going tomorrow to stay with my Mom in the city of Seattle for three days. She lives about one mile away from the space needle.

Good things about staying with my mom include: access to a really nice free gym in her apartment building. I told her that I plan on using this every night. Also, my mom has lost 50+ pounds (she's never told me an exact number) from the lap band surgery. Although this is a different way than I am doing it, I still am able to talk openly with her about my weight. Also, she is a Registered Nurse. I plan on talking to her more about becoming a dietitian and get her opinions on it:

Bad things about staying with my mom: we will probably be going out to eat for most meals. This means extra calories I just don't need. I am going to have to do quite a bit of research and be pretty cautious before I dine. I'm hoping she'll understand.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day, and I'm nervous. Even if I gain though, I know why, and this week has been a necessary learning experience I needed.

No comments: