
Kellen and I have a Christmas tradition of picking out our tree, decorating and drinking hot coco while watching It's a Wonderful Life every year. I don't know what it is about old black and white movies, but Kellen loves them. This is the only time I see my hubby get emotional! I don't really understand why you would be emotional over it when it has a happy ending, but something in it just strikes a chord in him. Anyway, it definitely melts my heart to see him that way and know that behind my strong, manly, buff, construction worker husband, there is a soft and sensitive heart. I love it.
I was just thinking about this movie and the real meaning behind it...that there is SO much to be thankful for in our life and how we truly impact people without even knowing it. So I started thinking to myself...what have I done recently to make myself a better person?
My facebook status today says "There is really no better feeling than feeling like you have done the best you can and feeling accomplished. So happy." After my run this morning (and YES, I am feeling better!) I finally realized that I am finally at a point in my life that I am truly proud of myself. I can't believe I have been working out for almost two months now and striving to live a healthy life. It's something that I've wanted to do for SO long and now I'm finally feeling like this is a LIFE change.
Anyway, the point of this post is just to say: It's a DAMN wonderful life!
No comments:
Post a Comment