Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kill Me NOW!

This is exactly what I was saying to myself during my first ever step class this morning. I headed over to the local gym and decided to do a one week trial membership. While I was waiting for the class to start, I did some elliptical and a stationary bike.

My friend met up with me to go to the step class. We had no idea what to expect. It started out good and was definitely a high intensity work out. After about 20 minutes, I totally hit a wall. I felt SO nauseous and knew that if I kept going I was going to hurl. I tried to get back into it multiple times, but each time I felt more and more sick. I finally decided to call it quits, I apologized to my friend, and snuck out of the class.

I am so embarrassed. I was DEFINITELY the youngest person there. There were probably multiple people in their 60's and 70's just totally rockin it. I can't believe I couldn't do it. I wanted so bad to finish the class but my stomach was just not having it. And since I get no opportunity to explain myself to the 30+ people in the class, they all probably thought I just gave up because it was to hard.

Oh well. Just a little humbling on my part I guess.

Now I'm really wondering if I'm coming down with something. I've been feeling kind of achey and nauseous but nothing to the point that I would say I have the flu. I don't know.

No comments: