Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

My First Real Run!


Yesterday I heard about something called the "Solstice Run" going on in a town really close to where I live. I was SO excited when I saw that they had a one mile run to do! My friend and I are going to be going. I can't wait! It will be this Saturday. Here is what the race is supporting:
"What is Go Run!? Go Run! is a local program working to enhance the lives of girls physically, emotionally and socially. Running activities are used to involve girls in a positive team experience involving goal-setting, positive adult mentoring and leadership opportunities in a supportive environment."

What an amazing thing to support! I now have two days to make sure I'm going to run an entire mile!


In other news, Carrie the scale gave me good news this morning: I am down to 10.5 pounds down. Here my
question to all you other more experienced weight loss gurus though: for some reason my scale keeps doing "waves" on me. It's almost an exact pattern. I will be down to a certain weight (we will use 194 for example). Then it will go up to 195 for TWO days, and then after those two days it will drop down 2.5 pounds. I'm not even kidding that this is like an exact pattern. It's SO weird. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Needless to say, I will thank Carrie and take my my 10.5 punds down. I am suppressing my joy for the 10 pound mark as I have basically have the "I lost ten pounds" mindset for the last week. hehe

No comments: