
You know when you hear someone say something and just does a "click" in your mind and you think to yourself "I GET THAT!!" Well, that's what happened just the other day with my friend Dave Ramsey. (ok, he's not really my friend, but we can pretend...) In case you don't know who Dave Ramsey is, here's a brief bio: Dave is a financial adviser with his own radio show. I listen to it pretty much any chance I get, and I tend to kind of overuse his advice on people (it's becoming quite an annoying habit...at least according to Kellen). Anyway, the other day Dave went off on a rant about how getting rich quickly is just not plausible. He said the best way to ensure wealth is to watch it "drip" slowly after years and years. Just think- if you are 20 years old and you put $100 in an IRA every month until you are 60, you will retire with over 1 million dollars. That's the drip theory- and it's pretty simple.
I got to thinking that this theory is SO right with weight loss too. All those "fad" diets tell you you can lose weight so quickly (seriously, who wants to eat cereal for two meals a day for two weeks??). But in the end, you just end up stopping right there...or...going back to where you started.
So I started my weight loss "drips" on November 9th. This means its going to be a long, slow, and steady race. But I will make it to that finish line someday. But here's the thing....the race has a finish line....but it never ends! Being healthy is a LIFE change, not just a one year one. So here we go!
1 comment:
That's awesome that you used Ramsey and weight loss together haha. Great analogy there. I always say that Dave Ramsey saved my life! We currently have no debt (although we only rent) and we haven't had a financial crisis since we took his Financial Peace University. (That was just before I got pregnant with Liza.) I love being in control!!
Live like no one else so that some day you can live like no one else. :) And that can go with eating healthy as well!!
Post a Comment