The last 2 and half years, I have lived in fear of getting pregnant. This is me being completely honest. Now I realize that no one ever feels ready to get pregnant (or most people). I realize that you will never have enough money, time, space, etc. But for me, it was a different reason.
I can't wait to be a mom. I want to give my kids everything they need and take care of them to the best
of my ability. And to me, being overweight, having a high risk pregnancy, is completely opposite of doing everything I can to make sure that my babies have the best life they can.Everyone I have talked to tells me "Oh come on Nicole, you are not THAT overweight." Yes, I'm not THAT overweight. But my mom gained 75 pounds when she was pregnant with me! That could very, very easily be me. Bite by bite, pound by pound, I could be putting my baby at risk.
I'm not pregnant now, in fact, we don't even plan on trying for a couple more years. But I am
happy to stop living in fear and be able to at my goal weight so I know that I CAN take care of myself when that time comes.Just thought I'd share on what I have to say is one of my biggest motivators for this journey...my future babies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment