Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Weigh In Week 13: Oh Monday's, How I Have Come to Love Thee!

February 1st. Today is my third month anniversary on this health journey and I am SO excited. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I lost another 2 pounds this week....bringing my grand total to 22 pounds lost.

January 2010 is behind us. I learned a lot this month and experienced new and exciting moments on this journey.
-I started to FEEL like my body was different
-People began noticing and commenting on my weight loss
-I ran a total of 28 minutes- the longest amount I've ever run consecutively before
-I started my food journal
-I weighed in LESS than my husband AND I finally admitted my weight to him (I was nervous to do this previously)

In February my goals will be:
- Make it back to my high school weight by Feb. 28th
-Finish my c25k program
-Run 3.1 miles 5 times
-Journal ALL month

Before I go let me share with you all the DELICOUS dinner we had last night. My goal lately has been to find dinners that are few ingredients, cheap, healthy and delicious. This one definitely fits in that category:

Thin Tuna Casserole:

This pretty little dish has the following:
-1 can of tuna (packed in water, drained)
-1 can "fat free" cream of chicken soup
-1/2 cup frozen peas
-1/2 cup frozen broccoli
-3 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
-1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese (shredded)

Mix all ingredients except cheese, place in baking dish. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top, bake for 5 more minutes.
350 Calories per serving (give or take a few calories)
Makes four servings...but be prepared! Hubby just may eat TWO!
(Caught red handed eating his second serving)

Let's rock this month bloggers!

13 comments:

The Phat Nanny said...

Get it girl! THose are some GREAT goals. Keep your eyes on the prize and I'm sure you will succeed! Looks like a great recipe too! It really helps when they use easy ingredients that I already have on hand!

Melissa said...

you are so awesome! you inspire me! & thanks for the recipe! :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Amazing goals girl. So glad you are keeping positive :)

kimert said...

Awesome job!!! You are doing great! :)

I changed my blog name/Url... blah. I forgot to warn my readers.

Follow me (again please) and change my url in your reader to.. http://anotherrunningmom.blogspot.com/

Tonyne @ Unlikely Success Story said...

Sounds like you had a great January!! :) The tuna noodlely thing looks amazing! I may have to try that! :)

BEE said...

wow 22 pounds in 3 months
you go girl
thats crazy amazing

that looks really good
i havta write that one on one of my recipe cards lol

ttyl

Melissa said...

Congrats! That is so great! Keep up the good work!

Alexia said...

:)

FatGirlInAWeddingDress said...

It looks delicious, I'm definitely going to try it next week. And congrats on the fantastic weight loss!!

anotherFATgirl said...

YES YES YES on 22lbs total! AND YES for being less than your husband, and YES for people noticing a difference! Get it girl!

Patti said...

Where did you get that recipe?? I ask because I want the nutritional info if it is available. Looks yummy, I love tuna! Love your recap and am glad you are feeling so energized. You are well on your way towards your goals!! :)

Kara said...

Yay! You are such an inspirational girl! I know you'll meet all your goals. :)

Tiff said...

That whole dish only used 1 can of Tuna? Wow- it looks like so much more!