First of all, this is my second post today but I just couldn't resist updating you all with this little nugget of inspiration I discovered! And also, thank you all SO much for the lovely comments on my post earlier about my struggling thoughts on skinny friends.
Lately I have been trying to incorporate exercise into EVERYTHING I do. One easy, practical way I've found to do this is by walking from the family's house that I work for to the little girl's school to pick her up. (I am a nanny if you did not know this). Anyway, it is about a one mile walk to get to the preschool (that I would normally drive).
On the way, I take her stroller with me. I have often had thoughts that people may just think I'm crazy that pass me on the road. For one thing, I'm pushing a stroller with no one in it. I think that maybe people maybe think that I am
A. Crazy or
B. Expecting a baby and getting "prepared" for what it might feel like to push a stroller!
On the way BACK from her preschool, I'm not sure if this is even worse because...well...she is 4. Does anyone know if this is too old to push a child in a stroller? It's like one of those "bigger kid" strollers...but still? I'm constantly wondering if people think I am crazy for pushing (what they assume is my child) in a stroller at the age of 4. LOL But really, a one mile walk with really big hills is just too much for her to walk after being at preschool for 4 hours.
As I was walking today I started to think about my new goal of incorporating exercise into my every day routine and I discovered something. I have done some sort of "moving my body" every single day for 7 days now. It went a little something like this:
Saturday- Finished my C25k, ran 30 minutes
Sunday- Went on a short hike and bike ride with the hubby
Monday- Visiting grandparents, ran for 25 minutes on their treadmill
Tuesday- Still at grandparents, went on a short bike ride on one of their bikes
Wednesday- Ran 35 minutes
Thursday- Went swimming in morning, walked 3 miles in the afternoon with the girl I watch
Friday- Ran 12 minutes in morning, walked 2.5 miles with the girl I watch
And tomorrow we are taking a pretty long bike trip to Alki Beach in Seattle. It should be about a 16 mile ride altogether. I'm actually REALLY nervous because I am going with my husband and two of his best [GUY] friends. That means I'm going to have to keep up with three guys...who are pretty used to bike riding in general. I got some bike spandex today with a pad so my butt wouldn't be too sore from the trip (hehe!).
Anyway, if you are reading this WISH ME LUCK!
I will be checking in tomorrow night to let you all know how the trip went!!
Lately I have been trying to incorporate exercise into EVERYTHING I do. One easy, practical way I've found to do this is by walking from the family's house that I work for to the little girl's school to pick her up. (I am a nanny if you did not know this). Anyway, it is about a one mile walk to get to the preschool (that I would normally drive).
On the way, I take her stroller with me. I have often had thoughts that people may just think I'm crazy that pass me on the road. For one thing, I'm pushing a stroller with no one in it. I think that maybe people maybe think that I am
A. Crazy or
B. Expecting a baby and getting "prepared" for what it might feel like to push a stroller!
On the way BACK from her preschool, I'm not sure if this is even worse because...well...she is 4. Does anyone know if this is too old to push a child in a stroller? It's like one of those "bigger kid" strollers...but still? I'm constantly wondering if people think I am crazy for pushing (what they assume is my child) in a stroller at the age of 4. LOL But really, a one mile walk with really big hills is just too much for her to walk after being at preschool for 4 hours.
As I was walking today I started to think about my new goal of incorporating exercise into my every day routine and I discovered something. I have done some sort of "moving my body" every single day for 7 days now. It went a little something like this:
Saturday- Finished my C25k, ran 30 minutes
Sunday- Went on a short hike and bike ride with the hubby
Monday- Visiting grandparents, ran for 25 minutes on their treadmill
Tuesday- Still at grandparents, went on a short bike ride on one of their bikes
Wednesday- Ran 35 minutes
Thursday- Went swimming in morning, walked 3 miles in the afternoon with the girl I watch
Friday- Ran 12 minutes in morning, walked 2.5 miles with the girl I watch
And tomorrow we are taking a pretty long bike trip to Alki Beach in Seattle. It should be about a 16 mile ride altogether. I'm actually REALLY nervous because I am going with my husband and two of his best [GUY] friends. That means I'm going to have to keep up with three guys...who are pretty used to bike riding in general. I got some bike spandex today with a pad so my butt wouldn't be too sore from the trip (hehe!).
Anyway, if you are reading this WISH ME LUCK!
I will be checking in tomorrow night to let you all know how the trip went!!
15 comments:
Good luck! I have no fear that you will put those boys to shame with your awesome bike riding skills. ;)
good luck with the bike ride!
And let me just say... sugar free coconut is DELICIOUS! I have found my happiness in glass... all at low numbers!
Oh good luck! The bike ride sounds like fun! You'll do great!
Good for you! I think it's fabulous that you're incorporating exercise in every area of your life.
I babysit in New York, and the strollers with older children seem to be an upper class thing. I find the whole thing shocking because the child CAN walk and it would be great for them to strengthen their legs. I don't know...
I wouldn't worry about what people think about you pushing a four year old in a stroller.
I'd worry about that bike ride! Ha, Ha, you actually did a great thing with getting something with padding so you won't be as sore. Hopefully the guys won't be too rough on you. But bike riding is fun. I hope you have lots of fun.
I don't think 4 years old is too old if they actually are willing to sit in the stroller, my now 3 year old only will sit in a stroller if he is exhausted from what ever we are doing. Usually he walks, but each kid is different.
Good luck keeping up the the dudes on the bikes, I'm sure you'llhave a great time!
Just imagining looking out the window and seeing you go by with the empty stroller & then later seeing you go by the other way with the Giant Baby.
As for 4 being too old to stroller? I say as long as she's happy to do it, good for you & her. One of these days she'll want to walk home and it will take FOREVER!
Just fyi, my word verification is "bophoser." Bophoser.
good luck~
HAHA - i used to be a nanny & i saw the title of your blog & thought - oh god a nanny horror story! Like you lost a kid or something LOL. Man, i got some great nanny stories! ;)
i'm sure it's fine to have her in a stroller at 4?? an empty one though? LOL. jk.
YAY for all your exercising! YOU ROCK! that is AMAZING! & good luck w/ keeping up with three guys! You brave! But i know you can do it! =)
The thought of you walking with an empty stroller and having people wonder what the heck you were doing made me laugh! Trying to add more physical activity to your daily routine is such a great idea! 7 days in a row of exercise? That is great!
Enjoy your bike trip! I'm sure you'll be fine.
Oh my gosh my butt always hurts after I ride! No fun! I hope your butt survives ;)
There is a little something for you on my blog. (Check out- "1st blog award")
great job on the workouts
ya definately to old for a stroller
Great work-outs this week! Put me to shame!
Post a Comment