Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Trick Your Man Tuesday's: Streching the Eating Comfort Zone

Well I'm remixing Trick Your Man Tuesday's this week because, well, frankly I couldn't think of anything to "trick" my man with this week. I did however, make him a little uncomfortable by forcing him to step out of his eating comfort zone. What do I mean by this you say?!

Eating with your hands.

That's right folks, my big buff, 6'3" manly man (can you tell i think he's a hunk :0) ) took part in a new tradition at our house this week:

Thai Lettuce Wraps
(click on link to get recipe!!)

My adventure on Friday night took me to the grocery store, where I went well equipped with my color-coded grocery list in hand:(no I'm not really this crazy all the time...I was bored!)

I finally made it out of the store alive--and headed back to the house to begin the amazing meal:
Double chin you will always remain my cursed enemy!!

I chopped...and I chopped...and I chopped. There was quite a bit of work in this meal. Definitely not a quickie....but what a dish it turned out to be!And it just so happens our lovely friends came to join us. Check us all out ready to feast!!And here's the hubby...hands on ready for this wrap experience!! (please excuse the tongue and my crazy eyes)
I have to say, he did well. And its kind of nice to have a clear conscious this week...no tricking involved!! ;)

Make sure to stay tuned tomorrow as I tackle a rising crisis in America: Dog Obesity.

9 comments:

Ellen said...

You blog is always a breath of fresh air... and the pictures add so much. Thanks for sharing.

BEE said...

great pics
looks yummy

Unknown said...

YUMMMMM!! Post the recipe please, they look delish! :)

kimert said...

YummmO! We have a place here that once had lettuce wraps on their menu. It's not on there anymore, which for me is a bummer. I should totally try to make them at home...any pointers???

kaitlin said...

Looks delicious and also like lots of fun!! I agree, it would be great if you could post the recipe!

The Sweet Tooth Obliteration Operation said...

He looked like he enjoyed them! Unfortunately, my boyfriend would never ever touch lettuce or tomatos- he refuses and says that lettuce smells bad and tomatoes have a gross texture (ok I can understand that one). I have tried but not succeeded so I put up my white flag in trying to serve him anything with those in it.

Tricia said...

I HAVE to try those! Yum, thanks for sharing hun :)

liveLAUGHsing. said...

OHH LETTUCE WRAPS! I had those for the first time EVER this year at p.f.changs! The tofu ones, and they WERE DELICIOUS! it didn't even occur to me to make some at home! DUH! :)

Tiff said...

Ok so this may be entirely innapropriate, but your hubby is easy on the eyes :) hahahaha sorry- I couldn't resist! lol

Those lettuce wraps look delish!!!