Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Weigh In Week 15: Valentine's- One FUN Blunder

Valentine's day. When Kellen and I woke up yesterday we had vowed to swear off valentine's day this year. Why? Because we figured: why do we need a day to show each other we love each other? Why not do that every day?

Now, of course in my deepest darkest secrets I was so hoping he would reveal a dozen roses and a box of chocolate he had hidden under the bed. No such luck. Apparently he took our "let's not make valentine's day a big day" seriously. OH MAN....he has some years to learn I guess :)

However, that didn't mean we weren't going to spend some quality time together! We ended up heading out mid morning and going for a short hike in a nearby town. Have I mentioned to you all that I have made a pact with myself to explore as much as I can of the nearby towns I live close to this year?

The hike was ok, but mostly it was just good to spend time with him. For lunch we headed to the grocery store and picked up some ingredients to make his favorite: paninis. Here is where the diet demise of the day began.

Check out this sandwich:Turkey.Brie.Tomato.Spinach

So Good. Could I have chosen to eat only half? Yes. Did I? No. :) But it was definitely one of those choices that I didn't feel like I had wasted my calories. This thing was perfect!

After lunch we set out to get our bike tires filled and went on a short ride, until it started pouring down rain!! It was actually kind of fun riding in the rain and when we got back I was soaked.

That night we went over to our friends Jared and Olivia's house. The men made a GOURMET dinner while Olivia and I did "girl stuff" including playing for quite a while with her MAC photobooth:
Then dinner was served. OK guys, this is where the amazingness comes out:Chicken with blackberry butter sauce, risotto cakes and broccolini (must say with Italian accent)! Heaven on a plate!

To top that off, the guys even made us homemade eclairs!! What studs!!
After dinner Kellen and I got a chance to snap some pics of us two:Say Cheese! Ah. What a fun day :)

Oh.....now you are wondering about the weigh in huh?!?

Well first of all I just have to say that whoever invented superbowl sunday and valentines day to be within one week of each other this year....I CURSE YOU!

Also, his name is probably TOM, because that's a factor in this game too.

But I can't be toooooo angry because....I lost a pound this week. That's a total of 23.5 pounds! I am so close to seeing a brand new weight decade! Next week will be the week.

I want to HOLLER OUT to my girl Tiff @ Project 365--last week she left me a comment on my weigh in day that said "Make that scale show you what you want." WOW. So simple. So true. This saying has been echoooooing in my head all week, Tiff, and you were like my little weight loss angel sitting on my shoulder!! hehe. She is such an inspiration and if you haven't checked out her blog yet you are missing out!

Hope you all had a wonderful valentine's day, no matter if you protested against it (like us!) or accepted chocolate and flowers with open arms.... ;)

17 comments:

Miss Erika said...

Tiff is seriously fantastic, man. Congrats on your loss! I wish my man would cook me food like that, damn. :P

Candace said...

You guys look so cute together-congrats on the loss~

Tonyne said...

Adorable pictures!! :) What a great meal by the men-folk!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on moving that scale downward with all that yummy food. It all looked amazing. Love your photobooth pictures. My husband and I did that last night too. Its so fun

Jessica - cbgblog said...

Thanks for the comment. It is hard to keep track of all 4 things (cal, carb, sug and sodium). I originally didn't have sodium in the mix but felt it was important too since it can cause a lot of water weight. Soon I will add on another item to track.

Your day looked amazing! Glad you had a good time.

kimert said...

Yay for the scale victory!! And I agree Tiff is great! :) Hope you are having a great week!

Tiff said...

Ok I simply love you! lol It's funny how comments can have such an impact on us- I can think of one right now that got me through a rough week. You're the best and I seriously hope that one day we might get to meet! :)

Stephanie said...

That still sounds pretty Valentiney to me!
BODA lose weight

Melissa said...

You & Tiff are my favorite weight loss blogs...just saying. :) I think we (& a few others i can think of) should one day get together!

GO you on losing another pound. That is AWESOME!!

Also, i know i mentioned this before but i love that name Kellen. We might have to have a child named that. I never heard of it til your blog. But i'm not crushing on your husband - just his name! HAHAHA. I just told my husband & he was like "yeah, that is a cool name!"

& i LOVE those pictures of you & kellen, you two are a precious couple!

BEE said...

congrats another pound gone forever

looks like you 2 had a great v day

liveLAUGHsing. said...

girl.. i'm hoping then that what my mama said is true since it was also true for you! i'll be waiting! i just wanna tear into my box of old clothes and have a fashion show HAHAHA. :)

p.s. one pound loss even with vday, superbowl, and TOM. AMEN SISTA! :)

let them eat LECHUGAAA! yay.

The Sweet Tooth Obliteration Operation said...

And the men cooked while the ladies relaxed... if they isn't some "unofficial" valentine's day lovin' I don't know what is. Congrats on the pound loss with all that though!! That is completely awesome. I like you idea about exploring the town close to you... I may give that a try there is so much beauty out there.

KathyR (Older/Better) said...

Sometimes you gotta eat what you gotta eat.

Sunshine Mama said...

I can not believe your guys made chocolate eclairs!! And chicken with blackberry butter sauce! Now... that was a nice gift.

I love food pictures and that sandwhich looked wonderful!

Patti said...

I know, February has been brutal for me!! My birthday, Super Bowl and Valentine's Day...all within 10 days of each other!

That grilled sandwich looked amazing!! I LOVE Brie. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a great day =) I mean, how can a day that involves homemade eclairs NOT be great? :P

- Gracie
http://girlmeetshealth.com

financecupcake said...

Great job on the loss! Great pics! You two look perfect together. I was just reading your about me, and I must say: You do have a hunky husband!