In honor of all these catchy weekly post names, I am starting my own. It's called "Trick Your Man Tuesday's" This is one in which I decide to fool my husband into thinking he is NOT eating something healthy, but instead just another normal fatty food meal that he is used to.
Let me first start by explaining that my husband is a skinny mini-- and although I love the man to death, he has never had a concept of nutritious eating. His honest advice to me on how to lose weight was "just eat lettuce for every meal" WOW, hunny! You should write a book! Who woulda thought you would know the secret to weight loss?!?! (please forgive my sarcasm)
Now I also must inform you that I am not the only culprit in the house that is hiding eating habits from the other person! Have you ever seen the episode of King of Queens where Doug gets in trouble with Carrie because she discovers that he eats a "pre-dinner" cheeseburger every evening?!
Yeah. Well.
After my WONDERFUL post yesterday about my amazing tuna casserole that my husband helped himself to TWO servings of (I take that as a compliment of course!), he ran to our local store to pick up some batteries. As I am checking our bank account this morning, LOW AND BEHOLD there is a charge from our local pizza joint...for that day!
Don't worry people, I confronted. He confessed. It's all good. (We actually both had a good laugh)
So on to the "meat" of this post....
I decided to trick my hubby dear this evening with mashed potato-cauliflower creation.
SHHH! DON'T TELL HIM I'M USING CAULIFLOWER IN MASHED POTATOES!
Basically I used three red potatoes and a whole head of cauliflower, mashed it, added some butter and milk and VOILA!
I also made a weight watchers side that had been sitting in the cupboard for a while. Hurry! Throw the weight watchers evidence away!
Here's our final product:
Mashed potatoes, noodles, and chicken.The verdict:
He walked in when I was chopping the cauliflower. DARN IT! And he asked what the noodle stuff was....I can not lie....
He still liked it though :)
So there you go. I'll keep your secrets if you'll keep mine. As long as you don't tell him that last weeks taco soup was made with ground turkey!!

This may become a weekly tricky occurrence. May not. We will see!
17 comments:
HAHAHAHA you just made me giggle a little while sitting here in my office! Isn't it funny how people complain about healthy food only IF THEY KNOW that what they are eating is healthy? :)
(P.S. i really DID forget to grab my lunch! :( but I made up for it by eating a night snack after dinner!!) :)
ha ha ha
i love trying to trick my hubby but he still eats the junk too lol
definatly going to be a doug and carrie relationship at my house
but its all good
all that food looked delish
i want to try making those mashed potatoes someday soon
i hear everyone saying they are great
You win the award for cutest post EVER! It made me laugh. I needed that after the morning I just had with Liza. Miss defiant has fully arrived.
Too funny! While I don't have to trick my hubby I do have to try and trick the kids. Luckily we tossed out the red meat a couple years ago and replaced it w/ground turkey. They never once knew it and have eaten many turkey tacos, bowls of turkey spaghetti and lots of turkey burgers and liked them all! :) Good luck next week!
So funny! My husband is too smart for me. He is naturally thin and never has to work hard to lose a couple pounds. He's definitely anti-healthy :)
That is awesome and I love it! My husband is insanely skinny, but has a health condition that causes it and I'm constantly trying to make him gain weight, so no sneaky for me! But I love that you're doing it and I can't wait to see what happens next week!
You made me laugh so much reading this post! You're hilarious & adorable! Anyway - my husband is a skinny mini too (actually he's gained a bit of weight but it looks good on him - he needed it!). His solution to weight loss is "just eat cereal". & i don't mean Special K either! HAHA! I'm like WOW!!!! You are so smart!!! No protein or veggies or anything, right?!
:)
I just came across your blog and it made me smile. I have made the cauliflower mash before... but I used all cauliflower and no potatoes. Let me tell you, I couldn't tell a huge difference. I mean, don't get me wrong... they weren't as great as yummy, yummy potatoes BUT they still were quite delicious!
Glad he still liked it!
HAHAHA I am loving all of your pics w/the food- too bad we don't live closer together, I'm thinking we could be besties! :)
This is absolutely hysterical, you should definitely make this a weekly feature!!!
LOL I think you're a genius! I DEFINITELY should tryout the cauli-mash! My husband is same as yours, i it's not pizza or cheeseburger flavored...he's not interested. *rolls eyes* Makes me sick that he's weighed 150lbs steadily for the past 10 years. Great idea! Can't WAIT to read next Tuesday's post!:-)
I used tofu instead of cheese in a pasta dish - no one noticed LOL
I love it! My boyfriend will eat anything as long as I don't tell him what it is. I even got him eating Shirataki noodles and if he knew they were made out of tofu he would be running the other way! But topped with Prego and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese - it's delicious.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!! So funny! Paula at http://paulawannacracker.blogspot.com/
also tricks her husband into eating healthier versions of food!
Why are men so resistant to change? I'm in the same boat, having to trick the boyfriend! Good on ya!
hahaha, GREAT post! my boyfriend is a skinny b@stard...excuse my language, but I mean it adoringly. he eats well (b/c he's very health conscious, not to remain thin...he actually is trying to GAIN weight. yeah, i wanna kill him, too. haha) anyway, his solution for me is to eat ONLY raw foods. he tells me to just eat grapes all day long. who the heck wants to eat grapes all day, everyday??? haha
anyway, good luck tricking him! :)
Love the post! My husband actually LIKES the WW cauliflower "mashed potatoes"! Go figure.
Post a Comment