Yesterday was a lazy day for the two of us.
A day doing nothing is pretty much a slice of heaven for me in this whilrwind called life. I got to try out a couple of new recipes that I have really wanting to try.
For dinner I decided to go with a Chicken Strips and French Fries theme- Nicole style- This included chicken made from my Weight Watcher's Book called "Southern Oven Fried Chicken."
The recipe essentially calls for fat free buttermilk to dip the chicken in, and then a mixture of flour, crushed up corn cereal, and salt. Dip the chicken "bits" (cut up chicken breast) in the buttermilk and coat with the flour mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 or so. That's it. SUPER simple and delicious. I've been making this one for a WHILE, as you can see:
I also decided to venture down sweet-potato-fry alley. However, with my SMALL brain and even smaller knowledge of sweet potatoes, I accidentally picked up YAMS!! Oh well, it workedout great anyway and the hubby actually LOVED this recipe!! (Olive Oil and Johnny's Seasoning (I'll be posting about this seasoning more soon--heavenly!). Then just bake these bad boys along with the chicken (keep a close eye on them as they cook faster).
I also added in some yummy asparagus to top it off. YUMALICOUS!

And just for kicks, here is where my pup likes to sleep during dinner time:

Stay tuned tomorrow for my WEIGH IN post and a valentine's day special!! :)
9 comments:
looks yummy-looking forward to your weigh-in~
Yummy dinner, love the Yam-bam-thank-you-maam'
Such a beautiful doggie...that is my all time favorite breed too, but with midwest summers, I just wasn't sure if that would work.
Sounds delish! I had sweet potato fries the other night...so good.
and Congrats on finishing C25K!!
Does the dog dream of food falling from above?
ohhhh that looks yummy!!!
That is hilarious. I tried the same exactly meal combo a few weeks ago -chicken and sweet potato fries.
I thought it was amazing!
I'm actually looking forward to trying those chicken tenders...they look divine! Oh and asparagus is on my list of veggies to try this month to- how do you cook em?
I'm looking forward to your WI... :)
Dinner sounds great!
Post a Comment