Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

PT: We're all here because we're not all there.

Yesterday was really fun. It started out with a super yummy breakfast that Kellen and I like to make once in a while:This dish consisted of red potatoes, eggs, onions, and bacon. Calories? A lot. But don't worry people! I lightened my version up--egg whites and turkey sausage in stead of regular eggs and bacon. Here's a pic of my plate:Yum!

After Breakfast we headed to Port Townsend. It's a town on the Puget Sound. Our first stop there was Fort Warden state park. This park used to be a military base and has a ton of cool old military bunkers to explore. It also has some hiking trails up to higher bunkers and such. It was SO fun!Here we are exploring the bunkers:All in all it was great exercise!
We sat down on a seat we found at the park and ate our lunch:

Tuna fish sandwich on 45 calorie bread. A perfect packed lunch. I tried feeding Chloe some carrots but she wouldn't go for it!After lunch we went into town. Downtown Port Townsend is a super cute strip of shops and cafe's. If you'd like to see some more pictures I took around the town there, you can click here to be linked to my photography blog. To wrap up our day, we headed over the Courtyard Cafe. I ordered the "Way to Aunt Katie's Heart- Peanut Butter Pie"Don't worry guys! I didn't eat it all. It was pretty delicious, but I resisted!
This place even makes there own Marshmallows! I didn't try them, but Kellen and I definitely plan on it next trip we take!

Such a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Alexia said...

Indeed, a wonderful day! I love potatoes & eggs separately, but what a delicious combination!!

Jessica - cbgblog said...

Looks like you had a great time! Way to go on resisting the temptation of the whole piece of cake!

kimert said...

Sounds like an awesome day! :)

Foodie Girl said...

I am in Foodie Heaven! HOMEMADE marshmallows??? Yumm!

The Sweet Tooth Obliteration Operation said...

I love all your pictures, your dogs are adorable!

Tiff said...

Awww looks like you guys had fun! :)

Glam,Glitz&Gut said...

What a fun day you had. That's really great!

The Phat Nanny said...

Looks like a BLAST! So nice that they let you bring Chloe! There are not enough dog-friendly places here and I'm always bitchin' about not bein about to bring Bean. And strangly enough- she actually loves baby carrots.LOL You showed great restraint on the pie! I would have started eating on the fat side! LOL Keep up the great work!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Aww looks like you had a good fun day! I love days like that with my husband. You look amazing in the pictures girl :)

Tonyne @ Unlikely Success Story said...

What a fun day! :)

Melissa said...

That looks like a fun day! :) That sandwich made me want to make some tuna! YUM!