I've been asking that question a lot lately. For some reason I am just one of those people who gets spinach stuck in their teeth every time I eat it. And lately, it's been A LOT.The benefits of spinach are amazing. It's a documented super food and one of the best and most healthiest things to eat on this planet. So you can imagine my excitement when I went grocery shopping last week and found it on sale for 99 cents a bag. I bought five. There is A LOT of spinach in each of those bags, so I've been inventing all kinds of new ways to incorporate it into my diet.
*I've added it to my egg whites in the morning
*I use spinach instead of lettuce on my sandwhiches
*I'm experimenting with all kinds of "green monsters"
*I'm eating spinach salads
*I even ate it with just a little butter and salt after heating it up in the microwave
There are SO many ways to incorporate spinach into any kind of diet!
What creative ways have you incorporated this super food?
P.S.-Has anyone read the book "Superfood RX"? I'm considering buying it.
8 comments:
I love spinach salads, I've been adding it to my smoothies, I love it in egg bake type dishes, like fritattas! I use it on sandwiches, also, I bet you can use laughing cow cheese and reduced fat parmesan to make creamed spinach! Ohhh, I'm getting an idea! :)
i make veggie patch pizza with spinach
i add spinach to everything
it just adds color which is good 4 ya
can you tell i watch dr oz
It's amazing to me that my teeth aren't permanently green :)
I eat spinach everyday haha :)
Ok- confession: I have a package in my freezer but I haven't used it yet because I don't know how to cook it! lol What do you do just thaw it out and throw it in your eggs and stuff? lol I'm officially a spinach cooking virgin!
You CRACK ME UP!!! That pictures is hysterical! & i'm always asking people if i have something in my teeth (after i ate) b/c your pic? Yeah, that's how i fear i look after eating!! HAHA. I don't want to be telling them a story or something & all they can think is "OMG LOOK AT THAT SPINACh!" LOL
I have spinach on my omelette! Yum!
today i had a spinach salad w/ black beans, corn, tofu, and salsa as my dressing.. YUM! now i better go check my teeth! :)
Your pictures always crack me up!
Post a Comment