Kellen (the hubby) likes to laugh at me when I talk about my Greek heritage. Ok, so maybe I really only am 1/32 Greek, but gosh darn it, I'm proud of it!
Even though I am SO in touch with my Greek roots, I have yet to jump on the Greek yogurt bandwagon. I've tried it once or twice but I guess I am just not really a huge yogurt fan in general, so I didn't fall in love. 

At my class this week, the instructor talked about how you can substitute Greek yogurt for all kind of things. The great thing about it is it is lower in calories than some other options, but it is also FULL of protein (and we know how important that is!)
Two things one gal in the class mentioned is:
Using Greek yogurt in place of sour cream (I'm intrigued! I am a sour cream lover...)
Using Greek yogurt mixed with ranch seasoning in lieu of ranch dressing! (again... intrigued....ranch is my all time favorite dressing. In fact, I could probably eat it on almost anything!)
Have you found a cool way to use Greek yogurt? Please share!
5 comments:
I have encountered a lot of recipes using greek yogurt but we don't have them readily available in our country. Maybe I'll try one recipe which calls for it and post it in our food blog (i'll let you know)
By it's self - meh. I'm not completely crazy about it. However, throw some mini-chocolate chips in it, with some walnuts and its an amazing dessert replacement. The chocolate adds just enough sweetness and the nuts add some texture. If you snuck some ground flax seed in it, the body will have an easier time handling all the protein and dairy combinations.
I don't like it either. I tried it once, but maybe i just got a bad brand? Idk. I am not a yogurt fan either, though...
I LOVE Greek yogurt. Especially Greek God's honey yogurt. It's like candy!
Theres a company that makes a really good strawberry honey Greek yogurt. Its sold at central. I'll try and find you the name. Yogurt's always better as a parfait- granola and berries. Mmm.
Post a Comment