Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My little copycat!

You know what's great motivation to eat healthy? When you know your little one is eating what you eat. Somehow chowing down on cheetohs and pop tarts sounds much less appealing when you know it's going directly to a tiny human.

I think when you're pregnant it's hard to wrap your head around this concept. I know for me, being a first time mom, the thought that there was actually a human inside of me was weird and almost incomprehensible.

But when their born that all changes- oh my gosh! That was a human inside me that whole time!

As we approach solids for my little bubba, it's helped me to take a look at the kind of food he will be joining in on...soon! There is nothing more motivating to eat healthy than when I know there is a little guy watching everything that goes in my mouth...and wants to do what I do!

That's why as we ease into the world of solids my little guy is going to experience a wide selection of healthiness...right along side me!

Here he is, exploring some broccoli on Sunday evening:



4 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is so true!! Lia is my 3rd so by the time I got to solids with her my thinking was much different. I never did real "baby food", just mashed things up myself like sweet potatoes, green beans, peas etc. Of course unsweetened applesauce is a must (and avocado). As she got a little older and the food got chunkier she learned to gum things up well. She's been feeding herself since 7(ish) months and loves trying new things. This time around I know so much more about nutrition so it's been fun exploring new things with her. I did this some with my 2nd child, but not to this extent. Fun stuff! Love the broccoli shot btw! What a handsome dude :)

Alexia said...

hiiiii, you're blogging again!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

SymbioticLife said...

lol! he's just so cute Nicole.