Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Couch to 5K: revisited.

I attempting the C25k once again. I completed my first sucessful session of C25k in February 2010. Up until I got pregnant that year in July, I continued to run and was able to maintain a good pace for up to about 4 miles at the most. I tried to start the "bridge to 10k" but started getting discouraged and questioned whether or not I was meant to run long distance or even whether I wanted to. 

When I got pregnant in July I had high hopes of becoming a super awesome preggo-bellied running momma. I started C25K "pregnancy edition" in August. It quickly fizzled out after two runs of feeling like my bladder would soon explode or I might find myself sleeping on a neighbors lawn out of sheer exhaustion.

Fast forward to 6 weeks post partum. The midwife officially gives me the ok to excercise again (gosh darn it, couldn't you have said I needed to wait a couple more...months?). I finally get my butt out the door a total of three times in one week (with brand new baby in tow of course). Feeling pretty stinkin proud of myself and BAM I'm hit with some kinda sickness. Motivation gone. 

So here I am, now 5.5 months post partum and I'm trying this thing again! Try, try again. right? This morning was wonderful but I was definitely reminded of how out of shape I am when I was sweating- POST shower. Eeek!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Did i tell ya how much I am loving reading your blog again?!

This time will be the charm! :)

Chubby McGee said...

I love this post! Go get 'em, girl! Go! Reclaim your energy and your body. You've got this. Do it for all of us other moms out there who are in the same boat, too.

*hugs*

Unknown said...

yay go for it! i am sure you will do it sweetie :D

imelda@etchetera etchetera said...

I know the feeling. trying to improve my 5k time too.. but if you miss some days running, it feel like starting over again! Go Nicole. I have a 5k run next week and I need to train more