Kellen and I watched thi documentary called "Fat, Sick, and nearly dead" this weekend. It's about two "large" guys who go on a mission to get healthy. They start by doing a juice only cleanse for 60 days (intense!) and use that as their detox as well as a kick off to a healthy lifestyle. Pretty eye opening! Kellen even enjoyed it and is now begging me to get a juicer...lol! My husband is the most paranoid skinny guy I know. He is self conscious and honestly has no reason to be. But I guess it's cool because he really embraces healthy eating and that makes it easy for me to make better choices.
I will leave you with a pic of little bubba. He is seriously the most animated, happy baby I know...but stick him in a car seat and this is what you get!

5 comments:
That pic cracks me up!! It's just like "i hate this seat & you are taking a pic of me!!!!" LOL!
I just don't know if i could ever do a juice detox! i want FOOD! LOL!
My hubby and I truly enjoyed "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead". I've done a juice fast before but after watching the movie I think I went about it with the wrong attitude. After I finish nursing there is a definite possibility I'll do a 10-14 day juice. I do add the occasional juice into my days now, kale is a great base FYI, just to get the nutrient powerhouse.
Love the pic of Mister... too funny that he hates the seat. Hopefully you don't have any long car trips planned :)
All my babies (ones I helped raise or watched, I don't have any of my own...) love cars and that was always the only way to calm them down! That pic is soooo adorable.
I've heard about this documentary quite a few times, maybe I need to check it out! ;) Thanks for posting.
Ahahaha! My niece made that face a couple times, until I loosened the freaking straps. (Obviously you are experienced enough to know this!) My sister in law was like-you can do that? I told her to PLEASE call should she ever wonder about such things in the future...
Good luck weighing in!
Awww, that face! Poor little man!!! He's just so devastated to be in that car seat. I think Liam went through something like that as well at around the same age. Great work on the healthier eating. I'm curious about the film you watched. I think juicing is great but I've learned to keep a few things in mind about it. 1. With juicing, you loose all the fiber and fiber is really really important. Sometimes, it's just as tasty if instead of juicing you blend everything in a blender and add something tasty like apple juice or coconut water and 2. I have a friend who did two weeks of juicing and then had a lot of trouble with solid food bothering them and causing them a lot of pain afterwards. With that in mind, if you're ever curious enough to try a detox diet of juicing, I'd ease back into solid foods with smoothies first. It might make it a less painful readjustment afterwards. How's that for a novel of a comment? :D
Post a Comment