Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

22 weeks!

I can't believe I'm past my halfway point. I completely skipped my halfway celebration altogether when the ultrasound tech told me I was actually measuring one week ahead when I thought I was 19w5days- bumping me past halfway. It's crazy to think I only have 18 weeks left with this little booger living inside of me.

Lately, I feel huge. I know I've got a long way to go- and that actually really, really scares me. I can't believe that  I am going to get MUCH bigger than this! At times I feel happy that I'm finally showing and feeling pregnant, and  at other times I feel depressed that I am gaining all my weight back and still feeling uncontrollably hungry. 

I'm being honest right now with you all: I'm scared. I'm scared of gaining all the weight back and not being able to lose it. I'm scared of developing some kind of preventable pregnancy disease because I couldn't reign in my cravings. I'm scared that I will feel depressed again because I will feel like I am not in control of myself. 


It's funny how each stage of life brings new and hard struggles.


OK, moving on to a lighter and more fun subject...

How far along: 22 weeks!

Total Weight Gained: I'm going to say I'm pleading the 5th on this one. For sanity sake. 

Maternity Clothes: Still my one pair of pants. I had a lot of empire waist shirts already and so I haven't really had to buy anything.

Stretch Marks: No, but I just got some palmers body butter and body oil and have been rubbing it on vigorously. If there is ANY chance of preventing it (which I've heard isn't likely) I WILL!

Sleep: No more sleeping straight on the belly. Still sleeping on my side with one leg propped up, slightly on my stomach. For some reason this just is the most comfortable. I almost feel like its cradling baby.

Best Moment of the Week: Well technically it was last week, but the ultrasound was amazing. It honestly was such a beautiful moment for us. Other than that, just keeping motivated and finishing projects for his room like crazy. 

Movement: Yes, especially when I'm hungry (strange!) or at night. Can't wait until he's big enough that EVERYONE can feel them if they want to (grandma keeps missing him). 

Food Cravings: Nothing specific. Just pretty much everything and anything!

Gender: All Boy :)

Belly Button: Definitely getting shallower. Gross thought: maybe God decided this is the one time in our lives we can TRULY clean our belly buttons??

What I miss: sledding! What in the world? I didn't think about this until it snowed this week! How cruel!

What I'm looking forward to: My first baby shower in my hometown- should be happening sometime in January. Oh and also getting Christmas gifts for Haden. We are requesting no gifts for us this year but how can we deny gifts for our little boy?!? :)

Milestones: He is all boy! So happy to have found out. :)


8 comments:

Christine said...

You look gorgeous!!!!
Believe it!! Be it!!

Laura said...

Good thought on the belly button! My never popped. Just stretched to a large crater. It was bizarre but it def got a good clean!

Gaining the weight sucks no matter what but I dealt with a lot of similar things as you. I had just lost about 30 pounds and loved where I was. Then I got pregnant and gained 50. :( I couldn't control my eating no matter how hard I tried. But you can lose the weight... and you will if you want to. :) You'll be ok. It will take a little bit of time but I think you've come far enough with eating and your understanding of health that you will work it out!

Amber said...

Haha! I'm with you on the belly button! Kind of gross! Mine's getting shallower and shallower :(

Don't worry about the weight. You truly don't look like you've gained weight anywhere but your belly, and that's all baby! Maybe you should consider a jogging stroller to motivate yourself post-baby? Just a thought. I've heard great things about the Jeep one...the one that can accommdate an infant seat (in case you're interested). Can't wait to meet little Hayden!!

Melissa said...

Aw, girl! I agree w/ the above comment... it looks like it's ALL in the belly, which is all baby! I bet you get it off quickly once he's outta there! :) I will pray for you that it isn't a struggle & that those worries & fears go away!

You look absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to see pics of Haden!!

HUGS!

Tiffany said...

You do look fantastic. I understand your fear of the weight gain. Thankfully you have lost before so you have a leg up. Because you've analyzed and blogged about the process you know what you have to do. Take the time in the beginning to enjoy your newborn and then you'll hit the point where it's time to get it done...and you do it. This was my 3rd child and each time I've gained (alot) and lost. Try not to obsess to much (yeah, I know it's hard not to). Congrats on your baby boy. Stay tuned...I'm coming back to blogging in the next few days :) 2 weeks post partum and I'm ready to get back in the groove (the soonest ever BTW). Take care!!

Mrs. S. said...

You look so good. As long as you don't get crazy-you can totally sled. I did it at 7 mos-easy peasy. (Except trudging back up the hill)

imelda@etchetera etchetera said...

You look great!-- about sleeping, you can get a pillow and hug it (make that a BIG pillow)~ I found that very comfortable when I was pregnant.-

Tricia said...

you are too cute!